New Delhi, the 8th January, 2019
Subject: Special concessions to Central Government employees working in Kashmir Valley in attached/subordinate offices or PSUs falling under the control of Central Government .
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Department’s O.M. No. 18016/ 1/2016-Estt.(L) dated 11th December, 2016 on the subject mentioned above and to state that it has been decided by the competent authority to extend the package of concessions/ incentives to Central Government employees working in Kashmir Valley for a further period of two years w.e.f. 01.01.2018. The package for two years is as per Annexure.
2. The package of incentives is uniformly applicable to all Ministries/ Departments and PSUs under the Government of India and they should ensure strict adherence to the rates prescribed in the package. The concerned Ministry / Department may ensure implementation and monitoring of the package in conformity with the approved package, and therefore, all court cases in which verdicts are given contrary to the package would have to be contested by the Ministries/ Departments concerned.
Encl: As above
ANNEXURE to DOPT’s O.M. No.18016/ 3/ 2018-Estt .(L) dated the 8th January, 2019.
DETAILS OF PACKAGE OF CONCESSIONS TO CENTRAL GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES WORKING IN KASHMIR VALLEY IN ATTACHED/SUBORDINATE OFFICES OR PSUs FALLING UNDER THE CONTROL OF CENTRAL GOVERNMENT
[Kashmir Valley comprises of ten districts namely, Anantnag, Baramulla, Budgam, Kupwara, Pulwama, Srinagar, Kulgam, Shopian, Ganderbal and Bandipora]
I. ADDITIONAL H.R.A. AND OTHER CONCESSIONS :
(A) Employees posted to Kashmir Valley;.
(i) These employees have an option to move their families to a selected place of their choice in India at Government expense. T.A. for the families allowed as admissible in permanent transfer inclusive of the Composite Transfer Grant at the rate of 80% of the last month’s basic pay.
(ii) Departmental arrangements for stay, security and transportation to the place of work for employees.
(iii) HRA as for Class ‘Y’ city ( 16% of basic pay) applicable for employees exercising option at (i). Such employees will be eligible for drawing the normal HRA as well at their place of posting provided Departmental arrangement is not made for his/ her stay.
(iv) The period of temporary duty extended to six months. For period of temporary duty, an incentive to be known as Kashmir Valley Special Incentive will be paid at the following rates along with food charges (as per 7th Pay Commission norms), apart from departmental arrangements for stay, security and transportation:
|Pay Range||Rate Per month (on pro rata)|
|(i) Level 14 and above||Rs.9000|
|(ii) Level 12 and 13||Rs.8000|
|(iii) Level 9 to 11||Rs.7000|
|(iv) Level 6 to 8||Rs.6000|
|(v) Level 5 & below||Rs.4500|
(B) Employees posted to Kashmir Valley who do not wish to move their families to a selected place of residence:
A per diem allowance of Rs. 113/ – is to be paid for each day of attendance to compensate for any additional expense in transportation to and from office etc.
II. MESSING FACILITIES :
Messing allowance is to be paid to all the employees posted m J&K @Rs.97.85/- per day.
III. PAYMENT OF MONTHLY PENSION TO PENSIONERS OF KASHMIR VALLEY:
Pensioners of Kashmir Valley who are unable to draw their monthly pensions through either Public Sector Banks or PAO treasuries from which they were receiving their pensions, would be given pensions outside the Valley where they have settled, in relaxation of relevant provisions.
NOTE : 1. The package of concessions/ facilities shall be admissible in Kashmir Valley comprising of ten districts namely, Anantnag, Baramulla, Budgam, Kupwara, Pulwama, Srinagar, Kulgam, Shopian, Ganderbal and Bandipora.
2. The package of concessions/ facilities shall be admissible to Temporary Status Casual Labourers working in Kashmir Valley in terms of Para 5(i) of the Casual Labourers (Grant of Temporary Status and Regularization) Scheme of Government of India, 1993.
3. The benefit of additional HRA admissible under the Kashmir Valley package shall be admissible to all Central Government employees posted to Kashmir Valley irrespective of whether they are natives of Kashmir Valley, if they choose to move their families anywhere in India subject to the conditions governing the grant of these allowances.
4. The facilities of Messing Allowance and Per Diem Allowance shall also be allowed to natives of Kashmir Valley in terms of the Kashmir Valley package.
Related to Your Search:
- Special concessions to Central Government Employees working in Kashmir Valley in attached / subordinate offices or PSUs falling under the control of Central Government
- Incentives to Central Government employees working in Kashmir Valley as per 7th CPC – DoPT
- Central Government Employees for Special concessions/facilities to working in Kashmir Valley
- Special concessions to Central Government Employees working in Kashmir Valley in attached/subordinate offices or PSUs falling under the control of Central Government.
- Special concessions / facilities to Central Government Employees working in Kashmir valley in attached / subordinate offices or PSUs falling under the control of Central Government
- LTC by air extended for 2 more years
- Kashmir Festival From May 13-2013
- LTC facilities to the Civilian employees of the Central Government serving in States of the North-Eastern Region, Ladakh region of State of Jammu & Kashmir and in Union Territories of Andaman & Nicobar Island and Lakshadweep Group of Islands – Implementation of recommendations of 7th CPC
- Grant of additional HRA to CAPF personnel on their transfer to non-family locations in the event of their vacation of Government accommodation retained by them after 3 years