Insurance coverage to PMJDY account holders
20 SEP 2020
Under Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojana (PMJDY), a free RuPay debit card is provided to the PMJDY account holders with inbuilt accident insurance cover of Rs. 1 lakh. This coverage amount has since been raised from Rs. 1 lakh to Rs. 2 lakh to PMJDY accounts opened after 28.08.2018. This was stated by Shri Anurag Singh Thakur, Union Minister of State for Finance & Corporate Affairs in a written reply to a question in Rajya Sabha today.
Giving more details, the Minister said that all eligible and willing PMJDY account-holders can enroll under Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY) and Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY).
Under PMSBY, accident insurance coverage of Rs. 2 lakh is provided to enrolled beneficiaries in the age group of 18 years to 70 years with an annual premium of Rs. 12 only through auto-debit from bank account with express consent of the account holder.
Under PMJJBY, life insurance coverage of Rs. 2 lakh is provided to enrolled beneficiaries in the age group of 18 years to 50 years for an annual premium of Rs. 330 through auto debit from bank account with express consent of the account holder
Related to Your Search:
- Encouraging Railway Employees to enrol themselves under Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojna (PMSBY) and Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojna (PMJJBY)
- Social Security Schemes
- Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY): Facilities to be extended to the Existing Account Holders as Well
- Cashless health insurance for elderly likely in Budget
- 20 lakh people have joined the modified Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojna (PMJDY) scheme, total account holders 32.61 crore
- Key Achievements and Initiatives of Department of Financial Services for providing Social Security and Credit to various sections of society and ensuring Financial Inclusion
- More than 61 lakh beneficiaries enrolled under Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana during the last two years till date
- Anganwadi Karyakartri Bima Yojana
- Building and Other Construction Workers Welfare Cess