‘Person with disability’ and ‘Divyangjan’ in the communication/ signage/ announcement/ Booking Portal of Indian Railways
Railway Orders – Latest Railway Orders 2022 for Central Government Employees
भारत सरकार (GOVERNMENT OF INDIA)
रेल मंत्रालय (MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS)
रेलवे बोर्ड (RAILWAY BOARD)
New Delhi, dated:18.05.2022
The General Managers, All Indian Railways and Production Units.
Metro Railway/ Kolkata, CORE/ Prayagraj
The CAO (Construction), All Indian Railways.
The Director General, RDSO/ Lucknow
The DG/Railway Staff College/ Vadodara
The Directors, IRICEN, IRIEEN, IRISET, IRIMEE, IRITM
The CAO, COFMOW, Tilak Bridge, New Delhi
The CAO, MTP, Chennai and Mumbai
The Chief Administrative Officer, Rail Coach Factory, Delhi.
Sub: Use of appropriate terms for ‘person with disability’ and ‘Divyangjan’ in the communication/ signage/ announcement/ Booking Portal of Indian Railways.
Please find enclosed herewith letter from Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment’s letter No.P-13013/26/2022-DD-3 dated 25.04.2022 regarding use of the term “person with disability’ in English and ‘Divyangjan’ in Hindi in the Indian Railways Portal and communication/signage/announcements while addressing Persons with Disabilities.
2. All Zonal Railways/PUs/CPSEs etc. are requested to ensure compliance with these instructions.
DA: As above.
Related to Your Search:
- GDS Reservation for Handicapped – Persons with Disability – Divyangjan
- Indian Railways provides Divyangjans with various facilities to make their services more convenient and accessible for differently abled passengers
- Chance to eligible Multiple Disability (MD) ‘Divyangjan’ Level-1 candidates to correct disability option for Railway jobs
- Change in timings for booking train tickets through internet – Railway Board Orders on 18.9.2015
- Special benefit in cases of death and disability in service – Revision of Disability Pension/Family pension
- Recruitment of Persons with Disabilities in Indian Railway from Open market- Regarding publication of Employment Notices
- Categories of Reservation Quotas in Indian Railways
- Recruitment against Physically Handicapped Quota from open market – disability certificate regarding.
- Fixed Medical Allowance to railway beneficiaries of New Pension Scheme – Railway Board Orders