Implementation of orders relating to promotion of CSS officers in various grades
Promotion of CSS officers – Latest DoPT Orders
Government of India
Department of Personnel and Training
2nd Floor, Lok Nayak Bhavan,
Khan Market, New Delhi-3
Dated 18th, December, 2020
Subject: Implementation of orders relating to promotion of officers in various grades in CSS.
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Department’s Orders relating to adhoc promotion in various grades of CSS Cadre issued recently, as per the details below:
|S. No||Description||Order No.||Date of issue|
|i||Promotion of Deputy Secretaries to Director||4/6/2018 -CS.I(D)||11.12.2020|
|ii||Promotion of Under Secretaries to Deputy Secretaries||4/5/2020 -CS.I(D)||11.12.2020|
|iii||Promotion of Section Officers to Under Secretaries||5/10/2020 -CS.I(D)||14.12.2020|
- These adhoc-promotion orders had to be made to address the urgent
requirement of various cadre units for manpower at various levels. However, it is seen that a large number of officers have not joined at Director and Under Secretary level. It may be appreciated that adhoc promotion is resorted to as a special dispensation for ensuring
efficiency in Government’s functioning. The non-joining of officers is defeating the very purpose forwhich these adhoc promotions were made.
- Hence, in partial modification of the Orders mentioned in para 1 above, all the Cadre units are hereby directed to issue instructions to the promoted officers in all grades, who have not yet assumed the charge of the posts, to assume the charge immediately and not later than 21st December, 2020, failing which the promotion orders with respect to
non-joinee Officers, will be liable to be withdrawn, apart from deparment from ad-hoc promotion or other suitable consequences. Further, the vacancies on this account will be filled up by considering eligible officers next in order of seniority.
- The Cadre units are also requested to submit a report by 21-12.2020 to this Department at email: [email protected]
- All the concerned Ministries/ Departments are hereby requested to forward the list of officers who have not assumed the charge of the post on promotion by 21st December, 2020, 5:30 P.M, on the email id mentioned above.
- The relevant paras of the Orders mentioned herein above stand modified to this extent.
Under Secretaryto the Government of India
Joint Secretary (Admn.) of Cadre Units of CSS.
Related to Your Search:
- Implementation of orders relating to promotion of officers in various grades in CSSS – Latest DoPT Orders 2021
- Adhoc: Under Secretaries working on adhoc basis – Extension of period for one year beyond 31.05.2013
- Split-option available under Saving Clause of FR-22(1)(a)(1) to the serving officers of all grades of Central Secretariat Service (CSS) cadre
- DoPT: Completion of formalities in the matter of promotion of CSSS grades
- Promotion of Personal Assistants (PAs) of CSSS to Private Secretaries (PSs) of CSSS on ad-hoc basis
- Request for vigilance status update in Web Based Cadre Management System in respect of CSS officers – DoPT
- DoPT: Promotion to the grade of Deputy Secretary, CSS on ad-hoc basis – Extension of period upto 30.06.2019
- Completion of formalities in the matter of promotion of CSSS grades
- Promotion of Section Officers of the CSS to Grade I (Under Secretary) of the CSS on ad hoc basis