How to claim Family Pension with Form 14
How to apply for granting family pension on the death of Government servant/ pensioner/ family pensioner.
What should a family member (eligible for the grant of family pension) do to get the family Pension?
Normally, family pension to spouse is sanctioned and authorized at the time pension is authorized in favour of retiring government servant and indicated in the pension payment order and is to be drawn after the death of the pensioner. However, in cases where Govt. servant expired while in service, the widow or widower has to apply in Form 14 (of CCS Pension Rules) to the Head of Office concerned who will sanction and authorize the family pension through its Pay & Accounts Officer. Where the deceased Govt. servant is survived only by a child or children, the guardian (in case of minor child/children) or such child or children may submit a claim in Form 14 to the Head of 0ffice for sanction and authorization of family pension. For getting family pension, the deceased pensioner’s family should apply in Form no.14 along with a copy of the death certificate of the deceased Pensioner to:
(1) The pension disbursing authority if, the amount of family pension is already indicated in the Pension Payment 0rder.
(II) The Head of Office for sanction of family pension in all other cases.
lf the pensioner has Joint Account with the spouse on either or survivor basis the spouse has to submit the death certificate of the pensioner along with simple application only to activate the family pension.
Related to Your Search:
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on Family Pension by Pensioner Portal
- Immediate settlement of family pension cases by banks – DoPPW
- CPAO’s Instructions: Simplification of pension process for permanently disabled children/siblings and dependent parents
- Pensioners Portal Orders: Simplification of pension process for permanently disabled children/siblings and dependent patients – instructions reg
- Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare Orders regarding Simplification of Pension process for permanently disabled children/siblings and dependent parents
- Submission of Form 14 by the spouse to the pension disbursing bank after the death of the pensioner – instructions reg
- Simplification of Pension process for permanently disabled children/siblings and dependent parents: MoD’s instructions to open a bank account and submit to PSA
- Payment of family pension in respect of a child suffering from a disorder or disability of mind through the person nominated by the Government servant, pensioner, family pensioner
- Family pension is payable to the unmarried/ widowed/ divorced daughter until she gets married or remarried or until she starts earning