BENEFITS TO RAILWAY EMPLOYEES
Salem – 636 005.
All Branch Officers /SA Division,
All Supervisory Official / SA Division
Sub:- Publication of Hand Books on Establishment Matters.
As a welfare measure for the benefit of Serving & Retired Railway Employees the two Hand Books on Establishment matters on following title are prepared by the Railway Administration (Personnel & Accounts Branch) and were released by General Manager, Southern Railway on his Annual Inspection dated:27.09.2022.
1) Hand Book on Benefits to Railway Employees
2) Hand Book on Settlement Benefits
The above hand books are uploaded in the Southern Railway, Salem Division, Personnel Branch website.
Wide publicity may be given to all the employees working under your control.
(P.K.Soundra Pandian, IRPS)
Sr. Divisional Personnel Officer,
Publication of Hand Books on Establishment Matters – Benefits related to Railway Employees
BENEFITS TO RAILWAY EMPLOYEES
Personnel & Accounts Branch
For Every Railway Employee, the knowledge regarding Railway Establishment matters is must. In this regard, a need is felt by the Railway Administration to provide a collection of information in a single document for them. In such an attempt, we take immense pleasure in releasing this “Handbook on Benefits to Railway Employees” (e-Book) to give a basic idea on the above subject and other related valuable information
Benefits at a Glance for Serving Employees
- Composite Transfer Grant (CTG)
- Leave Encashment
- Honorarium on various occasions
- Increment / Pay Fixation
- Pass Rules
- Quarters allotments and extension their on various occasions
- Holiday Home
- Provident Fund
- National Pension System
- Grievance Redressal Machinery
- Employee’s Charter
- Unique Medical Identity Card (UMID)
- Railway Employee Self Service (RESS)
- Human Resource Management System (HRMS)
- A glance on Personnel Branch Website
1.1 Travelling Allowance: –
Travelling allowance is admissible as per the prescribed rates to a Railway Employee for any day on which he proceeds on tour beyond a radius of 8 Kms from his headquarters or returns to his headquarters
from a similar distance. The travelling allowance will be granted for each completed day of absence from the headquarters reckoned from mid night to mid night at the following proportion.
|If absence from headquarter does not exceed 6 continuous hours.||30 % of the Travelling allowance.|
|If absence from headquarters does not exceed 12 continuous hours.||70 % of the Travelling allowance.|
|If absence from headquarters exceeds 12 continuous hours.||100 % of the Travelling allowance.|
PML 1 to 5 : ₹ 500/-
PML 6 to 8 : ₹ 800/-
PML 9 to 11 : ₹ 900/-
PML 12 & 13 : ₹ 1000/-
PML 14 and above : ₹ 1200/-
These Daily Allowance rates will go up by 25% every time the DA goes up by 50%. and w.e.f. 01.07.2017.
RBE No. 84/2017
Entitlement for Journey on Tour or Training: –
(A) Journey by Air within the Country : –
- Officers in PML-16 & above, while in tour, may be entitled for Air travel in ‘J’ / Business Class
- All other Officers otherwise authorized to travel by Air may be entitled to travel by economy class.
(B) Journey by Air (International) : –
- PML 14 and above: Business / Club Class
- Others : Economy Class
(C) Journey by Sea or River Steamer : –
(1) for places other than A&N Group of islands and Lakshadweep Group of Island: –
- PML 9 & above: Highest Class
- PML 6 to 8 : Lower Class if there be two classes only on the steamer
- PML 4 & 5: If two classes only, the lower class, if three classes, the middle or second class, if there be four classes, the third Class
- PML 1 to 3: Lowest Class
(2) for travel between the mainland and the A&N Group of islands and Lakshadweep Group of Island by ships operated by the shipping Corporation of India Limited: –
- PML 9 & above : Deluxe Class
- PML 6 to 8 : First / ‘A’ Cabin Class
- PML 4 & 5 : Second / ‘B’ Cabin Class
- PML 1 to 3 : Bunk Class
(D) Mileage Allowance for Journey by Road: –
- PML 14 & above: Actual fare by any type of public bus including AC bus or At prescribed rates of AC taxi when the journey is actually performed by AC Taxi or At prescribed rates for auto rickshaw for journeys by auto-rickshaw, own car, scooter, motor cycle, moped etc.,
- PML 6 to 13: Same as above, except that journey by AC taxi will not be permissible
- PML 4 & 5: Actual fare by any type of public bus other than AC bus. or At prescribed rates for auto rickshaw for journeys by auto-rickshaw, own car, scooter, motor cycle, moped etc.,
- PML 1 to 3: Actual fare by ordinary public bus only or At prescribed rates for auto rickshaw for journeys by auto-rickshaw, own car, scooter, motor cycle, moped etc.,
At places where no specific rates have been prescribed either by the Directorate of Transport of the concerned state or of the neighbouring states (theses rates will further rise by 25% whenever DA
increases by 50%)
- For journey performed in own car / taxi ₹ 24/- per km,
- For journey performed by auto-rickshaw, own scooter, etc., ₹ 12/- per km.
(E) Journey by Rail: –
- Free passes, as admissible under Rules, may be issued to Railway Servant.
TA Entitlements on Transfer: –
(i) Journey by Air: –
Officers in PML 15 & above: ‘J’ Business Class
Officers in PML 14: with approval of CA.
(ii) Journey by Rail: –
Free passes, as admissible under Rules, may be issued to Railway Servant.
(iii) Journeys by Road: –
Not entitled to travel by road, between stations connected by
Rail. Otherwise permissible with family. 2(D)
1.3 Dearness Allowance: –
DA is granted to Railway employees to offset inflation and rising cost of living and inflation. Basis for DA calculation is All India consumer price index. The rate of DAadmissible to Railway employees shall be
enhanced from the existing rate on the first of January and on the first of July every year if it is due as per the calculation.
01.01.2016 : Nil, 01.07.2016 : 2%,
01.01.2017 : 4%, 01.07.2017 : 5%,
01.01.2018 : 7%, 01.07.2018 : 9%
01.01.2019 : 12% 01.07.2019 : 17%
01.01.2020 : 21% 01.07.2020 : 24%
01.01.2021 : 28% 01.07.2022 : 31%
01.01.2022 : 34% 01.07.2022 : 34 %
1.4 House Rent Allowance (HRA): –
The House Rent Allowance is admissible to those Railway Servants who have not been allowed Railway accommodation.
|Sl. No||Classification of Cities||Present rate of HRA|
|1||‘X’ Class||27 %|
|2||‘Y’ Class||18 %|
- The rates of HRA will not be less than ₹ 5400/-, ₹ 3600/- and ₹ 1800/- at X, Y, Z class cites respectively.
- The rates of HRA will be revised to 27%, 18% & 9% for X, Y, Z class cities respectively when DA crosses 25% and further revised to 30%, 20% and 10% when DA cross 50%.
- As on date HRA has been revised as 27%, 18% & 9% for X, Y, Z class cities respectively on DA cross 25%.