GST council finalises tax on services; exempts education, healthcare
The all-powerful GST Council today finalised tax rates for services under the Goods and Service Tax (GST) regime, scheduled to kick-infrom July 1.
Healthcare and education would be exempt from GST.
Kerala Finance Minister Thomas Isaac said there will be four rates for services at 5, 12, 18 and 28 per cent, similar to tax slabs for goods.
The tax rate on gold has not been finalised yet, he said, adding that the Council will meet again on June 3.
Related to Your Search:
- GST: Finance Minister may hike service tax to 16-18% in Budget
- GST council clears state GST laws, likely to roll out by July 1
- GST Council likely to finalise tax rates shortly
- GST rate will be much more diluted than 27%: Jaitley
- Centre, states reach consensus on GST rollout from July 1
- Lower Tax Incidence on Entertainment Services under Goods and Services (GST) Tax
- Cabinet clears GST supplementary legislations
- Government to replace GST ordinance with bill
- GST: Service tax likely to be hiked to 18 percent this budget