Five Days Emergency Leave to GDS
GDS: Maximum 5 Days Emergency Leave for Gramin Dak Sevaks
Department of Posts (Ministry of Communications) notified on 3rd January 2019 regarding the Emergency Leave for a maximum of Five Days in a calendar year for all categories of Gramin Dak Sevkas (GDS).
Earlier, the Central Government approved and implemented the recommendations of Kamlesh Chandra Committee report to GDS Employees. Now, Central has decided to sanction the Emergency Leave to GDS Employees recommended by the Kamlesh Chandra Committee.
Consolidated instructions provided in the office memorandum and the benefit effective from 1.1.2019.
The Kamlesh Chandra Committee has recommended on Leave as follows…
- Provision of 26 weeks of Maternity Leave for women GDS has been recommended.
- The wages for the entire period of Maternity Leave is recommended to be paid from salary head from where wages of GDSs are paid.
- The Committee has also recommended one week of paternity leave.
- Leave accumulation and encashment facility up to 180 days has been introduced
Related to Your Search:
- Amendments to the Maternity Benefit Act, 1961
- Women to get 26 weeks maternity leave, President nod to new law
- Maternity Leave for the female Gramin Dak Sevaks (Female GDS) in the Department of Posts
- Maternity Leave Incentive Scheme – Clarification by Ministry of Labour & Employment
- Government to Increase Maternity Leave from 12 to 26 weeks
- GDS Kamlesh Chandra Committee Recommendations will be implemented soon – Minister replied in Parliament on 27th December, 2017
- GDS Committee Report: Key Recommendations of Kamlesh Chandra Committee
- National Minimum Guidelines for setting up and running creches under Maternity Benefit Act, 2017
- Enhancement of Maternity Leave – Lok Sabha Q&A