Festival Bonus 2021
GENC writes to FinMin
Govt. Employees National Confederation
(AFFILIATED TO B.M.S.)
CENTRAL OFFICE: RAM NARESH BHAVAN, TILAK GALI, PAHAR GANJ, NEW DELHI – 110055
SUB OFFICE :
2-A, NAVEEN MARKET
Mrs. Nirmala Sitharaman ji,
Hon’ble Finance Minister,
Sub: Payment of Productivity Linked Bonus (PLB) for 2020-21.
Central Government employees are paid the Productivity Linked Bonus (PLB) prior to the festive season of Dussehra every year.
2. Madam, I would like to draw your kind attention towards the ceiling of monthly emoluments for calculation of PLB/Ad-hoc Bonus. GENC has been demanding for enhancing this ceiling.
3. The Ministry of Finance vide it’s OM No. 7/4/2014-E-IIIA dated 29.08.2016, issued orders for enhancing the ceiling of monthly emoluments from Rs.3500/- to Rs.7000/- for calculation of PLB/Ad-hoc Bonus w.e.f the financial year 2014-15. In this regard, I would like to draw your kind attention towards the Secretary to Govt. of India/Ministry of Labour & Employment’s DO No.51040/4/2015-IR(PG) dated 28th August, 2015 (copy enclosed), addressed to the General Secretary/ BMS, whereby it was stated that “… The Government Is considering to revised calculation ceiling from the present level of Rs.3,500/- per month to Rs.7,000/- or the minimum wages for the scheduled employment as fixed by the appropriate Government, whichever is higher’. As per latest guidelines issued by the Ministry of Labour & Employment, the Minimum Wage for a Skilled worker is Rs.20,384/- (in ‘A’ Area). Also, after implementation of 7th Central Pay Commission, the minimum basic pay of a Central Government Employee is Rs.18,000/-. Under these circumstances, the monthly ceiling of Rs.7,000/- for calculation of PLB/Ad-hoc Bonus, is not justified at all and hence needs to be enhanced.
4. Hence, in view of above, I request you to consider revising the calculation ceiling of monthly emolument from Rs.7000/- to the minimum wages, in consultation with the Ministry of Labour & Employment, as per assurance made vide it’s DO letter dated 28th August, 2015.
Related to Your Search:
- 7th CPC Productivity Linked Bonus PLB raising the minimum ceiling for the purpose of payment of Bonus to Rs 18000
- Bonus Ceiling – NFIR writes to Railway Minister to remove of calculation ceiling for the purpose of payment of productivity Linked Bonus (PLB)
- Central Government Employees may cheer for higher bonus this year
- Bonus 2015 – Removal of Eligibility and Calculation Ceiling ; NFIR writes to PM
- Central government employees bonus news – Calculation ceiling for payment of ad-hoc Bonus
- Bonus (Ad-hoc bonus) Calculation for Central Government Employees
- Enhancement of Bonus Ceiling for CG Employees – Finmin issued Orders on 29.8.2016
- AIRF has demanded Payment of Arrear of Productivity Linked Bonus paid to Railwaymen
- Payment of Productivity Linked Bonus at revised calculation of Rs. 7000 – NFIR writes to Railway Minister