Dopt has issued orders as FAQ regarding the subject of Study Leave…
SI. No. / Frequently asked Questions / Answer
1. What is the maximum amount of study leave which can be availed?
The maximum amount of study leave for other than CHS officers is restricted to twenty four months during the entire service period and ordinarily it can be allowed for upto twelve months at a time. (Rule 51(1)}. For CHS officers the ceiling is for 36 months for acquiring PG qualifications. (Rule 51(2)}.
2. Whether study leave can be clubbed with other leave?
Yes. Study leave may be combined with other kinds of leave, but in no case shall be grant of this leave in combination with leave, other than extraordinary leave involve a total absence of more than twenty eight months generally and thirty-six months for the courses leading to PhD. degree from the regular duties of the Government servant. (Rule 54)
3. What is the validity period of bond to be executed by the Government servant while proceeding on study leave?
Government servant is required to execute a bond to serve the Government for a period of three years after expiry of study leave. For CHS officers the period is five years. (Rule 55).
4. Whether a Govt. servant who has been granted study leave may be allowed to resign to take up a post in other Ministries/ Department of the Central Govt. within the bond period?
As per rule 50(5) (iii), a Govt. servant has to submit a bond to serve the Govt. for a period of 3 years. As the Govt. servant would still be serving Government in a Department other than parent Department, he may be allowed to submit his resignation to take up another post within the Central Govt. if he had applied for the post through proper channel.
Related to Your Search:
- Study Leave Interest on Leave Encashment for CG Employees
- DOPT Order: Execution of Bond for availing Study Leave under rule 53(4) of the CCS(Leave) Rules, 1972 – regarding
- Execution of Bond for availing Study Leave under Rule 9(i) of the AIS (Study Leave) Regulations, 1950
- Grant of Study Leave to officers of Railway Medical service for prosecuting Post graduation course: Railway Board Order
- Leave Encashment on Suspension/Dismissal/Removal – Dopt Clarification Orders
- Amendment to Appendix V of the Indian Railway Establishment Code Vol. I, 1985 Edition (Study Leave Rules)
- Encashment of Earned Leave on joining Central Government from PSUs – Dopt orders
- What is the most extreme time of leave granted to a Central Government Employee?
- Whether leave encashment can be sanctioned to a Govt servant on his superannuation while under suspension