Dopt orders on the provisions of Rule 9(i) of the AIS (Study Leave) Regulations, 1960, which mandates every member of the Service who has been granted Study Leave or extension of such leave shall be required to execute a bond as given in Appendix ‘A’ or Appendix ‘A.I’.
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
North Block, New Delhi
Dated the 1st September, 2014
Chief Secretaries of all States/UTs.
Subject: Execution of Bond for availing Study Leave under Rule 9(i) of the AIS (Study Leave) Regulations, 1950 – regarding.
I am directed to refer to the provisions of Rule 9(i) of the AIS (Study Leave) Regulations, 1960, which mandates every member of the Service who has been granted Study Leave or extension of such leave shall be required to execute a bond as given in Appendix ‘A’ or Appendix ‘A.I’.
2. The said Bond executed by member of the Service requires putting in specified period of service after expiry of the Study Leave as prescribed by provisions of rule 9(2) of the said rules.
3. It has come to the notice of this Department that the provisions of the aforesaid bond are being circumvented and officers who have availed Study Leave proceed on prolonged spells of leave due and admissible to them and thus do not put in active service for the requisite period as indicated in the bond executed by them,
4. In view of the above, the provisions of the prescribed format of the Bond have been reviewed and decided to revise the Bond format. A copy of revised Bond is enclosed All the Ministries/Departments/State Governments are requested to ensure that the necessary Bond in respect of grant of Study Leave under the AIS (Study Leave) Regulations, 1960 may henceforth be obtained in the revised formats.
5. The contents of this letter may be brought to the notice of all the members of the All India Services.
Encl: As above.
Under Secretary to the Government of India
Source : www.persmin.nic.in
Related to Your Search:
- DOPT Order: Execution of Bond for availing Study Leave under rule 53(4) of the CCS(Leave) Rules, 1972 – regarding
- FAQ on Study Leave – Dopt Orders
- Study Leave Interest on Leave Encashment for CG Employees
- Grant of Study Leave to officers of Railway Medical service for prosecuting Post graduation course: Railway Board Order
- Amendment to Appendix V of the Indian Railway Establishment Code Vol. I, 1985 Edition (Study Leave Rules)
- Grant of Study Leave to the railway employees for continuing higher studies in India – modification of extant provisions – NFIR
- University teachers are not allowed to take more than 300 days of paid leave
- Central Civil Services (Leave) Second Amendment Rules, 2017
- Study Leave for Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fellowship and other Fellowships offered by reputed Institutes