Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
North Block, New Delhi
Dated: 7th February, 2019
Subject :- Revision of the rates of Deputation (Duty) Allowance/pay fixation on appointment in the Personal Staff of Ministers- regarding.
Consequent upon the implementation of the recommendations of the Seventh Central Pay Commission, the President is pleased to decide that in supersession of this Department’s order No. 2/23/2008-Estt.(Pay–II) dated 28th May, 2009, the pay of employees who are appointed in the personal staff of Ministers will be regulated in the following manner :-
I. OFFICERS OF CENTRAL GOVERNMENT/AUTONOMOUS BODIES APPOINTED IN THE PERSONAL STAFF OF MINISTERS:
(i) When the officers of the Central Government/Autonomous bodies holding posts at lower levels, or those who are not cleared for appointments at levels at which the posts in the Personal Staff of Ministers exist, are appointed to higher posts, in addition to their basic pay in their parent cadre, they may be allowed Deputation (Duty) Allowance at the rate of 15 % of their basic pay, subject to a maximum of Rs.9000/- per month.
(ii) As regards the officers who go on deputation to equivalent or analogous posts in the Personal Staff of the Ministers, in addition to their basic pay, they may be allowed Deputation (Duty) Allowance in accordance with this Department’s OM No. 2/11/2017- Estt.(Pay-II) dated 24th November, 2017.
(iii) The officers of All India Services and Organized Group ‘A’ Central Services who are appointed in the Personal Staff of Ministers under the Central Staffing Scheme, may be allowed Central Secretariat (Deputation on Tenure) Allowance in accordance with this Department’s OM No.2/10/2017-Estt. Pay.II dated 24th April,2018.
II. OFFICERS FROM STATE GOVERNMENTS/PUBLIC SECTOR UNDERTAKINGS APPOINTED IN THE PERSONAL STAFF OF MINISTERS:
In the case of the officers from State Governments/Public Sector Undertakings, their terms of appointment may be governed by the orders contained in this Department’s OMNo.6/8/2009-Estt.(Pay-II) dated 17th June, 2010. The rate of Deputation (Duty) allowance payable in their case will be in accordance with this Department’s OM No.2/11/2017-
Estt. (Pay-Il) dated 24th November, 2017.
III. OFFICERS FROM PRIVATE SECTOR APPOINTED IN THE PERSONAL STAFF OF MINISTERS:
In the case of officers from Private Sector appointed in the Personal Staff of Ministers, their pay shall be fixed at the minimum pay or the first Cell in the Level applicable to the post to which such employees are appointed, as per Rule 8 of the CSS(RP) Rules, 2016. However, where it is proposed to fix their pay by granting advance increment (s), the approval of this Department will have to be obtained.
IV. APPOINTMENT OF RETIRED PENSIONERS IN MINISTER’s PERSONAL STAFF:-
In the case of persons retired from Defence Forces or Civilian Organizations and appointed in the personal Staff of Ministers, their pay shall be fixed in accordance with the provisions contained in OM No.3/3/2016-Estt.( Pay-IT) dated 01.05.2017.
- Basic pay in the revised pay structure means the pay drawn in the prescribed Level of Pay Matrix.
- These orders shall come into effect w.e.f 01.07.2017.
- In so far as persons serving in the Indian Audit & Account Department are concerned, these orders issue after consultation with the Comptroller & Auditor General of India.
(A. K. Jam)
Deputy Secretary to the Govt. of India
All Ministries/Departments of Government of India.
Related to Your Search:
- Provision regarding mandatory cooling off period between two deputations for appointment in the personal staff of Union Ministers
- DoPT: Revision of the rates of Central Secretariat Deputation on Tenure Allowance
- Dopt Orders – Delegation of power to relax the educational qualification for appointment in the personal staff of Union Ministers – regarding
- Method of 7th CPC pay protection in terms of Rule 7 of IPS Pay Rules, 2016
- Policy on fixing an upper limit of the number of years for which officers can work in the personal staff of the Union Minister in their entire careers
- 7th CPC Revised Pay – Protection of pay in cases of deputation under CSS in terms of Rule 12 of CCS Rules, 2016
- Bureaucrats on central deputation abroad and within the country will not get deputation allowance beyond five years of such tenure
- 7th CPC Pay Fixation on Deputation Duty Allowance – DoPT Order
- Deputation (Duty) Allowance to Central Government Employees – Recommendations of the 7th Pay Commission – DOPT Orders