F. No. 11013/9/ 2014-Estt.A. III
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
(Department of Personnel and Training)
North Block, New Delhi
The leave sanctioning authorities are advised to sanction leave whenever any request is made for self-quarantine as a precautionary measure
Subject: Preventive measures to be taken to contain the spread of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) – regarding.
In order to contain the spread of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), some precautionary measures are required to be taken by all the employees and the Ministries / Departments. In this regard, it has been decided to issue the following advisory for the well-being of Government employees and in public interest.
All the Ministries / Departments are advised to take all necessary measures such as :-
- Install thermal scanners at the entry of Government buildings, as feasible. Mandatory placing of hand sanitizers at the entry of Government buildings. Those found having flu-like symptoms may be advised to take proper treatment / quarantine etc.
- Discourage, to the maximum extent, entry of visitors in the office complex. Routine issue of visitors/ temporary passes should be suspended with immediate effect. Only those visitors whom have proper permission of the officer who they want to meet, should be allowed after being properly screened.
- Meetings, as far as feasible, should be done through video conferencing. To minimize or reschedule meetings involving large number of people unless necessary.
- Avoid non-essential official travel.
- Undertake essential correspondence on official email and avoid sending files and documents to other offices, to the extent possible.
- Facilitate delivery and receipt of dak at the entry point itself of the office building, as far as practicable.
- Close all gyms/recreation centres/ creches located in Government buildings.
- Ensure proper cleaning and frequent sanitization of the workplace, particularly of the frequently touched surfaces.
- Ensure regular supply of hand sanitisers, soap and running water in the washrooms.
- All officials may be advised to take care of their own health and look out for respiratory symptoms/fever and, if feeling unwell, should leave the workplace immediately after informing their reporting officers. They should observe home-quarantine as per the guidelines issued by MoH&FW, Government of India available at the following URL: Draft Guidelines for home quarantine
- The leave sanctioning authorities are advised to sanction leave whenever any request is made for self-quarantine as a precautionary measure.
- Advise all employees who are at higher risk i.e. older employees, pregnant employees and employees who have underlying medical conditions, to take extra precautions. The Ministries / Departments may take care not to expose such employees to any front-line work requiring direct contact with the public.
An indicative list of Do’s and Don’ts is also annexed for wide dissemination.
End: As above
(Umesh Kumar Bhatia)
Deputy Secretary to the Govt. of India
• To maintain personal hygiene and physical distancing.
• To practice frequent hand washing. Wash hands with soap and water or use alcohol-based hand rub. Wash hands even if they are visibly clean.
• To cover your nose and mouth with handkerchief / tissue while sneezing and coughing.
• To throw used tissues into closed bins immediately after use.
• To maintain a safe distance from persons during interaction, especially with those having flu-like symptoms.
• To sneeze in the inner side of your elbow and not to cough into the palms of your hands.
• To take their temperature regularly and check for respiratory symptoms.
To see a doctor if you feel unwell (fever, difficulty in breathing and coughing). While visiting doctor, wear a mask/ cloth to cover your mouth and nose.
• For any fever/ flu-like signs/ symptoms, please call State helpline number. or the 24×7 helpline number of the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare at 011-23978046.
• Shake hands.
• Have a close contact with anyone, if you’re experiencing cough and fever.
• Touch your eyes, nose and mouth.
• Sneeze or cough into palms of your hands.
• Spit in Public.
• Travel unnecessarily, particularly to any affected region.
• Participate in large gatherings, including sitting in groups at canteens.
• Visit gyms, clubs and crowded places etc.
• Spread rumours or panic.
Related to Your Search:
- Preventive measures to be taken to contain the spread of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) – DoPT Order
- All Officers / Staff should wear Safety Mask at all times while in Office for the spread of COVID-19
- Relaxation in CCS Leave rules 1972 for central government employees – COVID19 – Latest DoPT Orders 2020
- DARPG employees having no Symptoms of a mild cold/ cough or fever shall be allowed others stay at home
- Central Public Sector Enterprises Preventive measures to be taken to contain the spread of COVID19
- Latest DoPT Order – Preventive measures to contain the spread of COVID19 for all Central Government Employees
- Closure of Departmental Canteens – Preventive measures to contain the spread of COVID19
- Covid-19 Advisory for the safety of senior citizens aged over 60
- Railway employees required precautionary measures – Covid-19 Coronavirus Cases