Comprehensive review of instructions pertaining to vigilance clearance for promotion – clarifications – regarding
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
(Department of Personnel and Training)
North Block, New Delhi
Dated the 23rd January, 2014
Subject : Comprehensive review of instructions pertaining to vigilance clearance for promotion – clarifications – regarding
The undersigned is directed to refer to the Department of Personnel & Training O.M. of even number dated 2.11.2012 on ‘Comprehensive review of instructions pertaining to vigilance clearance for promotion’, wherein, inter alia, it has been laid down in Para 9, as under:
“For the purpose of vigilance clearance for Review DPC, instructions exist in O.M. No.22011/2/99-Estt(A) dated 21.11.2002 that review DPC will take into consideration the circumstances obtaining at the time of original DPC and any subsequent situation arising thereafter will not stand in the way of vigilance clearance for review DPC. However, before the officer is actually promoted it needs to be ensured that he/she is clear from vigilance angle and the provision of para 7 of O.M. No.22011/4/91- Estt.(A) dated 14.09.1992 are not attracted”.
2. This Department has been receiving references seeking clarification on grant of promotion in case of review DPC with regard to the official who is clear from vigilance angle on the date of promotion of the junior in the original DPC but subsequently attracts the provisions contained in para 2 of DoPT OM dated 14.09.92.
3. The matter has been examined in consultation with the Department of Legal Affairs and it is further clarified that, in the case of a review DPC, where a junior has been promoted on the recommendations of the original DPC, the official would be considered for promotion if he/she is clear from vigilance angle on the date of promotion of the junior, even if the provisions of para 2 of DoPT OM dated 14.9.92 get attracted on the date the actual promotion is considered, as provided in DoPT O.M. No.22011/2/99-Estt (A) dated 21.11.2002.
4. In cases, where the junior is not promoted, it is to be ensured that the provisions of para 7 of OM dated 14.9.1992 are not attracted on the date the official is being actually promoted.
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India
Related to Your Search:
- Promotion for IAS Officers – Promotion Guidelines reviewed by Dopt
- Dopt issued guidelines while dealing with cases of vigilance clearance for promotion of the Government Employees
- DoPT: Promotion of Government servants found fit by review DPC after retirement – procedure and guidelines to be followed
- Latest DoPT Orders 2020 – Grant of vigilance clearance for obtaining passport
- Promotion to the grade of Deputy Secretary, CSS on ad-hoc basis Extension of period upto 30.06.2017
- Promotion of UDCs of Central Secretariat Clerical Service to the Assistant Grade of Central Secretariat Service on Ad hoc basis.
- Promotion of Government Servants exonerated after retirement – Procedure and Guidelines to be followed
- Promotion of Government Servants exonerated after retirement — Procedure and Guidelines to be followed
- Policy guidelines for Extension of tenure of Board level Incumbents where vigilance clearance is not available