Dopt orders 2015: Framing a Transfer Policy in all cadres – regarding
G.I., Dept. of Per. & Trg., O.M.No.11013/10/2013-Estt.A, dated 2.7.2015
Subject: Framing a Transfer Policy in all cadres – regarding
The undersigned is directed to refer to the OMs of even number dated 13thJune, 2014, and 3 July, 2015 wherein all the Ministries/Departments were requested to (i) prescribe Minimum Tenure, (ii) set up a mechanism akin to Civil Services Board for recommending transfer, and (iii) place in public domain the transfer policy.
2. The Rotational Transfer Policy should aim to harmonise objectives of institutional memory, avoid development of vested interests, and provide exposure to the employees of working in different organisations, inter alia ensuring overall growth of an officer. The Transfer Policy should provide for both a minimum as well as maximum tenure. Any transfer before completing the minimum prescribed tenure or stay beyond the maximum tenure should be with the approval of the Committee constituted for the purpose, for reasons to be recorded in writing.
3. The draft Rotational Transfer Policy for the Central Secretariat ServiceNavailable on the website of Department of Personnel and Training at www.persmin.nic.in (Annexure). It lays down guidelines on tenures, postings on promotion, posting on return from leave/deputation, outstation postings, mutual transfers etc. Appropriate provisions on these aspects may be made in the Rotational Transfer Policy in each cadre that will best serve public interest.
4. In addition, instructions of Central Vigilance Commission in the Circular No. 03/09/13 (No.004/VGL/090/225553 dated 11.9.2013) reiterate that sensitive posts should be identified and staff working in these posts strictly rotated after every two/three years to avoid developing vested interests. The OMs of this Department also lay down guidelines on postings of spouse at the same station, and postings of disabled Government servants/ parents of disabled children.
4. The Ministries/Departments/Cadre Authorities may communicate action taken report on the following latest by 10.7.2015, (i) framing of Rotational Transfer Policy and putting up in public domain (ii) Identification of sensitive posts (iii) rotation of officers from sensitive posts in true spirit of the provision.
Authority : www.persmin.gov.in
Related to Your Search:
- Rotation of Officials working in sensitive posts as CVC Circular
- CVC Orders – Rotation of officials working in sensitive posts – regarding.
- Rotation of officials working in sensitive posts – CVC latest Order
- IDENTIFICATION OF SENSITIVE POSTS IN CENTRAL GOVERNMENT ORGANIZATION
- Draft Transfer Policy for Railway’s Officers issued by Railway Board for comments/suggestions
- Railway Rotational Transfer of officials working in Sensitive Posts
- Rotational Transfer policy guidelines for the year 2013-14-Reg-Department of Posts
- DoP – Instructions regarding Rotational transfer
- Draft Rotational Transfer Policy of CSS – Seeking comments from stakeholders