GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
UNSTARRED QUESTION NO: 2045
ANSWERED ON: 29.12.2017
SUKHBIR SINGH JAUNPURIA
Will the Minister of FINANCE be pleased to state:-
(a) the details of existing pension rates of Contributory Provident Fund (CPF) pensioners in the country;
(b) whether the Government proposes to increase the CPF rates;
(c) if so, the details thereof and if not, the reasons therefor; and
(d) whether the Government has any information regarding the number of CPF pensioners as on 31st March, 2016, and if so, the details thereof?
The Minister of State in the Ministry of Finance
(a) to (d) The Central Government employees who are covered by CPF Rules (India) 1962 and who retired on or after 01.01.1986 are not entitled to any monthly pension/ex-gratia amount. However, the Government employees under CPF who retired between 18.11.1960 and 31.12.1985 are entitled to monthly ex-gratia amount. Presently following ex-gratia payment is admissible to the CPF beneficiaries who had retired from service prior to 01.01.1986:
|S.No||Group of Service to which CPF retirees belonged at the time of retirement||Enhanced amount of basic monthly ex-gratia|
|1||Group A Service||Rs. 3,000/-|
|2||Group B Service||Rs. 1,000/-|
|3||Group C Service||Rs. 750/-|
|4||Group D Service||Rs. 650/-|
|5||Widows and dependent children of the deceased CPF beneficiary||Rs. 645/-|
Dearness ex-gratia equal to 50% of the amount of ex-gratia and Dearness Relief, as notified from time to time as per 5th Central Pay Commission series, on the sums of amount of ex-gratia and dearness ex-gratia is being paid to them. There is no proposal to increase the aforesaid rates.
Source: Lok Sabha Q&A
Related to Your Search:
- Pension Rates under CPF
- Current Pension rate of Contributory Provident Fund (CPF) pensioners
- Pensioners Portal Orders : DR to CPF beneficiaries in receipt of ex-gratia payment w.e.f 01.01.2015
- Grant of Dearness Relief to CPF beneficiaries in receipt of ex-gratia payment w.e.f 01.07.2015
- Pensioners Portal Orders : Grant of Dearness Relief to CPF beneficiaries in receipt of ex-gratia payment w.e.f 01.07.2013.
- Grant of Dearness Relief to CPF beneficiaries in receipt of ex-gratia payment-revised rated effect from 01.07.2016 and 01.01.2017
- Grant of Dearness Relief to CPF beneficiaries – Orders issued by Pensioners Portal
- Grant of Dearness Relief to CPF beneficiaries in receipt of ex-gratia payment w.e.f 01.01.2016.
- Improvement of amount of Ex-gratia payable to pre-1986 CPF retirees and dependent family members of the deceased pre-1986 CPF employees — reg.