Ministry of Defence
New Sainik Schools
11 DEC 2019
Government is considering to set up new sainik schools in various states across the country. Status of proposals for opening of new Sainik Schools requested by different States is as under:-
|1||Amethi||Uttar Pradesh||Will commence w.e.f. 01.04.2020|
|2||Sambalpur||Odisha||Will commence w.e.f. 01.04.2020|
|3||Alwar||Rajasthan||Memorandum of Agreement signed|
|4||Rudraprayag||Uttarakhand||Memorandum of Agreement signed|
|5||Warangal||Telangana||Memorandum of Agreement signed|
Sainik Schools are established on receipt of a request from State Government agreeing to provide land alongwith funds for the creation and maintenance of basic infrastructure, purchase of equipments and other facilities besides scholarships for the cadets belonging to the State. On receipt of proposal from the State Government, an inspection of the proposed site is carried out by the officials of Sainik Schools Society to ascertain its suitability.
Sainik Schools have produced some of the best officers in the Indian Armed Forces and eminent personalities in the field of public service, administration and media.
The Government is satisfied with the performance/standard of education of Sainik Schools. Sainik Schools have proven their utility by providing a large number of cadets joining the National Defence Academy/Indian Naval Academy/Officers Training Academy etc. Further, regular in-service programmes are conducted to the teaching staff to keep them abreast with the evolving educational requirements.
This information was given by Raksha Rajya Mantri Shri Shripad Naik in a written reply to Shri Sudarshan Bhagat and others in Lok Sabha today.
Related to Your Search:
- Budget 2021 – 100 new Sainik Schools in partnership with NGOs/ private schools/ states – PIB News
- Number of Sainik Schools currently functional in the country, State/ UT-wise – Defence
- New Sainik Schools in collaboration with NGOs, private schools, and state governments
- Defence – Reservation in Sainik School – 27% reservation for OBCs
- PFRDA publishes new status of subscribers of National Pension Scheme as on March, 2013
- NPS (National Pension System) – Latest status of subscribers of NPS as on 7 May 2013
- Teachers of Government schools can now directly apply for National Teachers Award – Shri Prakash Javadekar
- Ex-Servicemen Status for Ex-NDA Cadets
- Combined Defence Services Examination (I), 2017 – Declaration of Final Result