Indian railways latest news today
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA (भारत सरकार)
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS (रेल मंत्रालय)
RAILWAY BOARD (रेलवे बोर्ड)
No. 2021/TG-V/ 5/1/E-Pass
New Delhi, dated 13.03.2023
Principal Chief Commercial Managers,
All Zonal Railways.
New Delhi – 110021.
Sub: Checking of e-tickets booked through IRCTC app/ portal against the E-Passes/ PTOs generated in HRMS application.
The issuance of Passes and PTOs for serving/ retired railway employees has been made online through E-Pass/PTO Module of HRMS. Now e-tickets can be booked through IRCTC app/portal against the E-Passes/PTOs generated in HRMS Module. References have been received in this office to streamline ticket checking activity for Railway staff travelling with e-tickets booked on E-Pass/PTO.
2. The matter has been examined and it is desired that in case of railway staff travelling on e-ticket generated on E-Pass/PTO, the following may be ensured:-
- (i) During the journey, Railway personnel/ eligible family member booked on E-Pass/PTO will be required to carry the e-ticket in digital mode or printout. In case of non production of e-ticket in the aforesaid format, a penalty of ₹ 50/- as applicable in case of e-ticket shall be imposed.
- (ii) Any one of the passenger booked on the E-Pass/PTO is required to carry one of the prescribed proofs of identity during the journey, failing which all the passengers booked on that ticket will be treated as travelling without ticket and charged accordingly. Prescribed proofs of identity will be the same which have been stipulated for undertaking journey in reserved Classes.
- (iii) Passengers holding Wait Listed physical tickets issued from PRS counter against E-Pass/PTO can undertake journey if vacant accommodation is available in eligible Class, including in higher Class if eligible to travel on payment of difference of fare. In this case the E-Pass/PTO will be considered as used for that leg of journey, unless the PRS ticket is cancelled within the prescribed time limit stipulated in Refund Rules. Further, at present, in case the status of all the passengers booked on an e-ticket is Wait Listed at the time of preparation of first reservation chart, names of all the passengers booked on that e-ticket are dropped from the reservation chart and such passengers are not authorized to undertake journey in the train and if found travelling in the train, are charged as travelling without ticket. This provision will also be applicable in case of fully Waiting List e-tickets booked on E-Passes/PTOs. In such case, the E-Pass/PTO will become valid for further booking. In case of travel requirement on E-Pass/PTO after preparation of first Reservation Chart in a train having RAC/WL, unreserved tickets should be got issued from UTS/Station Booking Counter for undertaking journey in unreserved compartment/ available Class. If vacant accommodation becomes available, berths/seats as per entitlement of E-Pass/PTO holder may be allotted. E-Pass/PTO will be treated as used for the leg of journey upto which booking has been made in UTS/Station Booking Counter.
- (iv) An intimation regarding above provisions should be given on the site of HRMS at the time of issuing E-Pass/PTO. A message on this account should also be sent to railway personnel at the time of issuing E-Pass/PTO/e-ticket.
- (v) Passengers travelling with only E-Pass/PTO without booking a valid ticket on the same will be treated as travelling without ticket and charged accordingly.
3. CRIS will make necessary modifications in the software if any.
4. Necessary instructions may be issued to all concerned for taking further necessary action accordingly.
Director Passenger Marketing-II
ED(T&MPP)/ Railway Board : W.r.t. E-Pass/ PTO Module of HRMS.
Leave a Reply