Revision of time limit for submission of final claims reimbursement of medical expenses under CS(MA) rules, 1944 – regarding.
No. S. 14025/19/2015-MS
Government of India
Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
Department of Health & Family Welfare
Nirman Bhagavan, New Delhi
Dated : 27th May, 2015.
Subject: Revision of time limit for submission of final claims reimbursement of medical expenses under CS(MA) rules, 1944 – regarding.
The undersigned is directed to refer to OM No. F. 29-40/68-MA dated 15.10.1968 in which it was laid down that submission of final claims for reimbursement of medical expenses of Central Government servants in respect of a particular spell of illness should ordinarily be preferred within 3 months from the date of completion of treatment.
2. A representation was received from National Council (Staff Side) to extend the time limit for submission of such medical bills from 3 months to 6 months. The matter was examined in the Ministry and it has been decided that the period of 3 month s for submission of medical claims be revised to 6 months. Henceforth, only the cases in which the bills are submitted after 6 months from the date of completion of medical treatment/discharge of the patient from the hospital are required to be taken up for condonation. The power of condonation of such delays and other terms and conditions woukld be same as enumerated in the OM No.S.14025/8/99/-MS dated 25.05.1999.
3. The issue with the approval of the competent authority.
(Sunil Kumar Gupta)
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India
Source : mohfw.nic.in
Related to Your Search:
- Reimbursement of Medical bills in r/o Defence Civilians
- Time limit for submission of claims for Travelling Allowances (TA)
- Timelines for settlement of Medical Claims in CGHS Procedure
- New Medical Reimbursement Claim (MRC) Form for CGHS beneficiaries
- Procedure for payment and reimbursement of medical expenses under ECHS
- Reimbursement of Medical claims of serving and retired Railway employees
- Nomination Facility under CGHS for Claiming Medical Reimbursement in Event of Death of Principal CGHS Cardholder
- Enhancement of powers to Assistant Accounts Officer (Group B) in DAD
- Prescription of Timelines under CGHS for settlement of Medical claims of Pensioner CGHS beneficiaries