Revision of time limit for submission of final claims reimbursement of medical expenses under CS(MA) rules, 1944 – regarding.
No. S. 14025/19/2015-MS
Government of India
Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
Department of Health & Family Welfare
Nirman Bhagavan, New Delhi
Dated : 27th May, 2015.
Subject: Revision of time limit for submission of final claims reimbursement of medical expenses under CS(MA) rules, 1944 – regarding.
The undersigned is directed to refer to OM No. F. 29-40/68-MA dated 15.10.1968 in which it was laid down that submission of final claims for reimbursement of medical expenses of Central Government servants in respect of a particular spell of illness should ordinarily be preferred within 3 months from the date of completion of treatment.
2. A representation was received from National Council (Staff Side) to extend the time limit for submission of such medical bills from 3 months to 6 months. The matter was examined in the Ministry and it has been decided that the period of 3 month s for submission of medical claims be revised to 6 months. Henceforth, only the cases in which the bills are submitted after 6 months from the date of completion of medical treatment/discharge of the patient from the hospital are required to be taken up for condonation. The power of condonation of such delays and other terms and conditions woukld be same as enumerated in the OM No.S.14025/8/99/-MS dated 25.05.1999.
3. The issue with the approval of the competent authority.
(Sunil Kumar Gupta)
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India
Source : mohfw.nic.in
Related to Your Search:
- MoD – Payment and Reimbursement of Medical expenses under ECHS by Bill Processing Agency
- Time limit for submission of claims for Travelling Allowance TA on Retirement is modified from 60 days to 180 days
- Reimbursement of Medical bills in r/o Defence Civilians
- LTC Special Cash Package Scheme submission of bills claims settled by Ministries/Departments not later than 31st May 2021
- Time limit for submission of claims for Travelling Allowances (TA)
- Clarification on the complete and final settlement of LTC Special Cash Package Scheme bills and claims
- Timelines for settlement of Medical Claims in CGHS Procedure
- ECHS – PROCESSING OF PENDING CLAIMS DELAY IN INTIMATION, SUBMISSION, NMI QUERY REPLY AND DELAY DUE TO OBTAINING DIGITAL SIGNATURE
- New Medical Reimbursement Claim (MRC) Form for CGHS beneficiaries