Proposed change in the policy of retirement on superannuation of Central Government employees on completion of 33 years service or 60 years of age whichever is earlier – NFIR
Retirement Age 60 years / 33 years service
National Federation of Indian Railwaymen
3, CHELMSFORD ROAD, NEW DELHI – 110 055
No. : 11/35/2019
The Cabinet Secretary,
New Delhi- 110004
Sub: Proposed change in the policy of retirement on superannuation of Central Government employees on completion of 33 years service or 60 years of age whichever is earlier-reg.
Through several sources, the information is being circulated that the Government has been considering revision of the extant policy on retirement and bringing new rules with stipulation that those Central Government employees who have put in 33 years service or attained the age of 60 years, whichever is earlier, shall retire on superannuation. According to the sources it is learnt that the DoP&T has sent proposal to MOF for consideration for the purpose of bringing new rule from 01/04/2020.
Since the proposal of the DoP&T is likely to affect existing Central Government employees, therefore, consultations are required to be ensured with the JCW/ Staff Side as the service condition of the existing staff may get affected. NFIR, therefore, requests the Cabinet Secretary to kindly see that consultations are made with the JCM/ Staff Side on the said proposal early. According to the JCM Rules, consultations are must on all such vital matters, therefore arbitrary decision should not be taken in the interest to maintain healthy industrial relations.
NFIR hopes that the Cabinet Secretary would kindly consider the above points and issue directions to the authorities concerned to hold meeting with the JCM/ Staff Side early.
(Dr. M. Raghavaiah)
General secretary /NFIR &
Leader, JCM/ Staff Side
Related to Your Search:
- Age of superannuation of the Central Government Employees, Government’s briefing to the PTI
- Important matter of the service period, affecting the Central Government Employees – JCM (Staff Side)
- No proposal in the Government to fix the retirement age of Central Government employees as 60 years or 33 years of service
- Can 7th CPC recommend the lowering of retirement age for Central Government employees?
- Decision of the Cabinet for enhancement of age of superannuation of Dental Doctors under Ministry of Railway
- Retirement Age 62 : Enhancement of superannuation retirement age of KV teachers
- PROPOSED PAY SCALE OF 7TH PAY COMMISSION UNDER DISCUSSION – STAFF SIDE
- No Proposal of 6 days a week working and Cabinet Secretary assures on Merger of DA & Payment of Interim Relief
- Cabinet approves the Retirement Age of Doctors increased to 65 years