Ceiling limit for purchasing goods in CSD canteens
Yes, there is ceiling for purchasing grocery items in CSD Canteens for all categories card holders.
Canteen Stores Department (CSD) Canteens, which is familiar to known as Military Canteens, every card holder can only purchase within the limit and minimum of Rs.3500 per month. This topic discussed in Parliament today, Defence Minister Shri Manohar Parrikar said in a written reply to a question regarding this subject as follows…
“Ceiling for purchasing goods in military canteens has been prescribed taking into account the budgetary allocation to the Canteen Stores Department (CSD) by the Government, actual need / requirement of the individual and their purchasing power. For ceiling purpose the officials have been divided into 5 categories as mentioned under :-
Rank Category – Grocery Limit – Firm Limit – Liquor Limit
(i) Lt Gen & above & equivalent 7,500 – 95,000 – 14
(ii) Brig to Maj Gen & equivalent 7,500 – 95,000 – 12
(iii) Lt to Col & equivalent 7,500 – 95,000 – 10
(iv) JCOs & equivalent 5,000 – 65,000 – 07
(v) Sep to Hav & equivalent 3,500 – 40,000 – 05
The ceiling was revised on 21st August 2006 and again on 27th October 2008 to be effective from 1st January 2009. At present no change in the ceiling limit is proposed.
Related to Your Search:
- Military Canteen -At present no change in the ceiling limit is proposed.
- CSD Canteen: Monetary limits for All Ranks wef from 01 Jun 2015 for Purchase of CSD Stores
- Canteen Stores Department (CSD) facility is applicable to serving and retired personnel of Defence Forces and not to Para-Military
- Whether the CSD employees of Canteen Store Department are entitled to avail Canteen facilities – Defence
- Open market sale of CSD Canteen items
- Sale of canteen items in open market
- CSD Canteen FAQ
- More than 5000 employees working in CSD Canteens
- Flash Message for Pensioners of Canteen Stores Department (CSD)