Verification of character and antecedents prior to appointment in Government service, SSC requests UPSC to accept provisional Identity certificate.
DOPT requests UPSC not to insist for an Identity Certificate for appointment in Government service and to dispense away with provisional Identity Certificate
Department of Personnel & Training OM on Identity Certificate while appointment in Government Service.
No. 18011/2(s)/2016-Estt. (B)
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
New Delhi, Date: 08th April, 2016.
Union Public Service Commission,
New Delhi — 110069.
Subject: Attestation Form for verification of character and antecedents prior to appointment in Government service — regarding.
A large number of officers are appointed in Government of India through selection process conducted by recruiting agencies like UPSC. Once the list of successful candidates are recommended by these agencies, the appointing authorities undertake an exercise of verification of the character and antecedents of the candidates for which the recommended candidates has to fill up an Attestation Form on which the verification is carried out. At present, the Attestation form includes Identity Certificate.
2. The undersigned has been directed to advice UPSC not to insist for an Identity Certificate and to dispense away with this provision (of the Identity Certificate) in future.
3. This may also be posted on UPSC’s website for information of all concerned.
4. This has the approval of Secretary (P).
Related to Your Search:
- Department of Posts – Provisional engagement of BPM / ABPM / Dak Sevak subject to pending verification of Character and antecedents / caste certificate / educational qualification etc
- Combined Defence Services Examination (I) – 2015
- UPSC conducting Special Class Railway Apprentices’ Examination, 2013
- Central Armed Police Forces (Assistant Commadants) Examination, 2012
- Special Class Railway Apprentices’ Examination, 2014
- Proposed guidelines on reiteration of instructions on verification of claims of candidates belonging to SCs, STs and OBCs for purpose of appointment to posts/services
- Appointment to the Assistants Grade of Central Secretariat Service on the basis of Combined Graduate Level Examination, 2013 completion of pre-appointment formalities- thereof.
- Civil Services (Preliminary) Exam, 2012 Result Announced
- Submission of form 14 by Spouse to Pension Disbursing Bank Relaxed