7th CPC Transport Allowance to Railway employees – NFIR
No. IV/NFIR/7 CPC (Imp) / Allowance/2016/Part I
The Secretary (E),
Sub: Government’s decision on recommendation of the 7th Central Pay Commission – Transport Allowance to the Railway employees – Deprival of higher rate to those working in pay Level 1 & 2 – reg.
Ref: (i) Railways Board’s letter No. PC-V/2017/A/TA/1 dated 17/08/2017 (RBE No. 96/2017)
(ii) NFIR’s Letter No. IV/NFIR/7 CPC/Allowance/2016/ Part I dated 28/08/2017.
(iii) Railway Board’s letter No. PC-V/2015/PNM/NFIR/4 dated 17/20-11-2017.
(iv) NFIR’s letter No. IV/NFIR/7 CPC (Imp)/ Allowance/2016/Part I dated 05/04/2018.
Kind attention of Railway Board is invited to the references cited above.
NFIR reiterates that pursuant to issuance of instructions dated 17/08/2017, situation has arisent wherein the Railway employees in Pay Level 3, drawing pay Rs. 21,700/- and above and also upto Pay Level 8 hitherto entitled for Transport Allowance @ Rs. 3600 + DA thereon (in A1/A class cities and in other cities @ Rs 1800 + DA thereon) have been deprived of the said rate (due to the new norm for entitlement)
In this context, Federation furnishes below the rates granted pursuant to acceptance of the recommendations of the 5th CPC and 6th CPC:-
(a) Recommendations of 5th CPC – Transport Allowance
RBE No. 179/1997 (rates w.e.f 01/08/1997)
|S.No.||Pay Scale of the employees||A1/A Class City||Other Places|
|1||Rs. 8000-13500 or above||800||400|
|2||Rs. 6500-10500 or above but below Rs. 8000-13500||400||200|
|3||Below Rs. 6500-10500||100||75|
From the above, it could be seen that those in pay scale below Rs.6500-10500 i.e. upto Rs. 6000-9800 (S1 to S10A) were allowed Transport Allowance at the uniform rate of Rs. 100/- p.m. in A1/A class cities irrespective of their pay.
(b) After introduction of 6th CPC Pay Band/Grade Pay, the Railway Board vide circular (RBE No. 111/2008 – effective from 01/09/2008 and RBE No. 95/2015) had prescribed following rates for payment of Transport Allowance to the employees.
|Employees drawing Grade Pay of||Rate of Transport AllowanceFor A1/A class cities|
|GP 5400 & above||3200 + DA|
|GP 4200 – 4800,GP below 4200 and pay in pay band = RS 7440||1600 + DA|
|GP below 4200 and Pay below RS 7440||600 + DA|
A comparison of two tables mentioned above, reveals that Railway employees were allowed higher rate of Transport Allowance on their drawing pay Rs. 7440/- irrespective of Grade Pay/Pay Band. However, the modified Board’s instructions issued vide letter dated 03/08/2017 and 17/08/2017,have deprived the Transport Allowance @ Rs. 3600+DA thereon to those in Pay Level 1 and 2 (7th CPC) due to imposition of restriction i.e. reaching the pay Rs. 24700/- Federation, therefore requests the Railway Ministry to kindly refer the matter to Ministry of Finance, for mitigating the problem.
(Dr. M. Raghavaiah)
Related to Your Search:
- Government’s decision on recommendation of the 7th Central Pay Commission – Transport Allowance to the Railway employees – Deprival of higher rate to those working in pay Level 1 & 2
- Government’s decision on recommendation of the 7th Central Pay Commission – Transport Allowance to the Railway employees – Deprivel of higher rate to those working in pay Level 1 & 2
- 7th CPC Transport Allowance to Railway Employees
- Transport Allowance Ready Reckoner for both 6th CPC and 7th CPC
- 7th CPC Transport Allowance and DA granted for Indian Railway Medical Service (IRMS) officers drawing Grade Pay of Rs.10,000/- under DACP Scheme
- Denial of payment of Breakdown Allowance to the staff working in GP 2000/Level 3 of 7th CPC
- Grant of Transport Allowance @ 7000 p.m+DA thereon to officers drawing Grade Pay of Rs.10000, Rs.12000 on Non-functional basis-clarification reg.
- Revision of Over Time Allowance to Railway Employees consequent upon revision of pay scales and allowances
- Grant of 1st Class Privilege Pass to the ASMs GP 2800/- upgraded to GP 4200/- (PB-2)/7th CPC Pay Level 6