IRMS – Indian Railway Medical Service
7th CPC Transport Allowance and DA granted for Indian Railway Medical Service (IRMS) officers drawing Grade Pay of Rs.10,000/- under DACP Scheme
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
New Delhi, dated 21-08-2019
The General Manager/CAO(R)
All Zonal Railways & PUs
(As per mailing list)
Grant of Transport Allowance @Rs.7000/-p.m. + DA thereon to the IRMS officers drawing Grade Pay of Rs.10,000/- under DACP Scheme.
Attention is invited to Board’s letter of even number dated 25-08-2015 whereby Railways were advised to keep in abeyance the payment of Transport Allowance @ Rs.7000/-p.m. + DA thereon to IRMS officers drawing Grade Pay of Rs.10,000/- under DACP Scheme. Subsequently, as per the interim order dated 27-10-2015 of Hon’ble CAT/New Delhi in O.A No.3528/2015, Railways were advised vide this office letter of even number dated 06-11-2015 that the payment of Transport Allowance to IRMS officers @Rs.7000/-p.m. + DA thereon, be continued till further orders.
2. The Hon’ble CAT/ New Delhi vide order dated 28-05-2019 has now disposed of the said O.A No. 3528/2015 has observed as under :-
“The OA is, therefore, disposed of directing the respondents to take a final decision regarding extension or otherwise of the Transport Allowance at the rate of Rs: 7000/- per month plus DA, to the members of the applicant Association, within a period of three months from the receipt of this order. However, the amount already paid towards the said allowance shall not be recovered, and the respondents shall not be under an obligation to pay the said allowance until a final decision is taken. There shall be no orders as to costs.”
3. The matter has been accordingly considered by the competent authority and in view of fact that IRMS officers drawing Grade Pay of Rs.10,000/- (now pay level -14) under DACPS except those who are holding pinpointed administrative SAG posts mentioned in Board’s letter No.2009/H/16/1DACP dated 26-02-2009, are not entitled for use of official car in terms of Board’s letter No.E(G)95AL4-9, dated 06-11-1995, it has been decided that such officer shall not be eligible to opt for higher rate of Transport Allowance @Rs.7000/- p.m.+DA thereon (which now stands revised to Rs.15750/- p.m.+DA thereon based on the recommendations of the 7th CPC). These officers are entitled for Transport Allowance @Rs.7200/3600 + D.A thereon as per row- 2 of Board’s letter of even number dated 3-8-2017.
4. This issues with the concurrence of Finance Directorate of Railway Board.
5. Hindi version will follow.
Dy. Director, Pay Comission-5
Source: Indian Railways
Related to Your Search:
- Grant of Transport Allowance @ 7000 p.m+DA thereon to officers drawing Grade Pay of Rs.10000, Rs.12000 on Non-functional basis-clarification reg.
- Regarding Payment of Conveyance Allowance to IRMS Doctors
- Grant of Transport Allowance at Rs.7000 + DA thereon to officers drawing Grade Pay of Rs.10000 on Non-functional basis
- Designations of doctors belonging to IRMS and Dental Doctors under the Ministry of Railways on posting to clinical posts
- 7th CPC Transport Allowance to Railway employees – NFIR
- Government’s decision on recommendation of the 7th Central Pay Commission – Transport Allowance to the Railway employees – Deprivel of higher rate to those working in pay Level 1 & 2
- Government’s decision on recommendation of the 7th Central Pay Commission – Transport Allowance to the Railway employees – Deprival of higher rate to those working in pay Level 1 & 2
- Extension of retirement age of Doctors- Travel Entitlements
- Option to be submitted by Doctors belonging to IRMS and Dental Doctors under the Ministry of Railways to serve the Government upto 65 years