7th CPC Night Duty Allowance
PRINCIPAL CONTROLLER OF DEFENCE ACCOUNTS
- The AAO(Pay) WC
Delhi Cantt, Pathankot, Jalandhar
- All AOGEs Under PCDA WC
- All Pay Groups (Local)
- All LAO’s Under PCDA WC
Sub: Payment of Night Duty Allowance at revised rates to Civilian Employees working in the establishments under the MoD.
Several references have been received from sub-offices regarding whether NDA will be calculated on the basis of Pay of 6th CPC or on 7th CPC. The matter has been referred to HQrs office.
In this context, please find enclosed a copy of HQrs office letter No. AT/Army-BR/A/Civ /2366/NDA/Vol-1 dated 19.05.2020 regarding payment of Night Duty Allowance at revised rates to Civilian Employees working in the establishments under the MoD for guidance and further necessary action in the matter.
HQrs office cited under reference states that “in absence of revised order on the subject post-implementation of 7th CPC, it seems appropriate to admit NDA claims on the basis of extend orders on the subject until any revised orders received.”
Accordingly competent authority has decided that Night Duty Allowance claims should be admitted in audit on the basis of basic pay of the individual as per 6th CPC i.e pay of an individual as on 31.12.2015.
Further, it is requested to advice unit authorities to take up the matter with MoD through their administrative channel for obtaining clarification on this subject as instructed by the HQrs office.
CONTROLLER GENERAL Of DEFENCE ACCOUNTS
ULAN BATAR ROAD, PALAM, DELHI CANTT- 110010
File No.: AT/Army- BR/A/Civ/ 2366/NDA/Vol-I
Dated:19 May 2020
The PCDA (WC)
Sub: Payment of Night Duty Allowance at revised rates to Civilian Employees working in the establishments under the MoD
Ref: PCDA (WC)’s letter No. Pay/II/ Tech/CG dated 17.03.2020
Night Duty Allowance was recommended vide para 8.17.71-77 of 7th CPC report and accepted by Govt. of India vide Resolution No. 11-1/2016-IC dated 6th July, 2017. However, no orders, that might have been issued by Ministry of Finance for implementation of the same, have been received through MoD till date in this regard.
In the absence of revised order on the subject post-implementation of 7th CPC, it seems appropriate to admit NDA claims on the basis of extant orders on the subject until any revised orders are received. Also, unit authorities can be advised to take up the matter with MoD through their administrative channel for obtaining clarification on this subject.
This issues with the approval of Jt. CGDA (Army/BR).
Sr. AO (Army/BR)
Related to Your Search:
- Eligibility of Night Duty Allowance for Ordnance Employees fixed at 12380(Band Pay) – PCAFYS Orders on 9.9.2015
- Night Duty Allowance (NDA) – Clarification regarding Fixation of Ceiling of pay for entitlement
- Payment of Night Duty Allowance on actual pay, without any ceiling and should be correlated with the pay of 7th CPC
- Night Duty Allowance: Working in the establishments under the Ministry of Defence in implementation of Hon. C.A.T. Jodhpur Order dated 5 Nov 2009
- Night Duty Allowance without any ceiling as per 7th CPC – BPMS
- Grant of Night Duty Allowance on the basis of Actual Salary- Implementation of Courts Judgement
- Implementation of Government decision on 7th CPC recommendations on Night Duty Allowance (NDA)
- Rates of Night Duty Allowance w.e.f. 01.01.2015 for Railway Industrial Employees and Staff
- Method of Night Duty Allowance and Night Shift Bonus Calculation for Industrial Employees