7th CPC Cash Handling and Treasury Allowance
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg,
New Delhi -110001
Dated: 17th October, 2019.
The Chief Postmaster General,
Sub: Implementation of the recommendations of Seventh Central Pay Commission- Cash Handling and Treasury Allowance – Clarifications.
A reference has been received in the Directorate seeking clarification regarding admissibility of Cash Handing and Treasury Allowance on DOPT OM No – 4/6/2017-Estt. (Pay-II) Date 18.01.2019 ,circulated vide Directorate letter No. 06-04/2018-PAP dated 22.01.2019, on the following issues from Chief Postmaster General Mumbai vide his letter No.Estt/19-1/Cash Handling Allowance/2008-14 dated at Mumbai 28.06.19.
The matter has been considered in the Directorate and clarified the queries are as under.
Query No.1. Whether the revised rates of 7th CPC for Cash Handling Allowance and Treasury Allowance are also applicable for cash handling to the Sub Postmasters in single and double handed Post offices and to those Sub Postmasters in Post Offices where there is no separate Treasury is justified.
Clarification: Not applicable. Already clarified in para 2 (iv) and (v) of DOPT OM No. 4/6/17- Estt.(Pay-II) dated 18.01.2019.
Query No.2: Whether Rs. 700/- rate of Cash Handling Allowance and Treasury Allowance is to be granted directly to all eligible operative staff as it fixed for amount <=5 lakh average monthly cash handled or whether it is to be calculated and fixed every year based on the statistics of previous financial year’s average quantum cash disbursed for the Treasurers and Sub Postmasters in Post Offices where there is no separate Treasurer is justified.
Clarification: As per para 2(iii) of the said OM dated 18.01.2019 ” the Cash Handling and Treasury Allowance should be reviewed every financial year.”
Query No.3. Whether Cash Handling Allowance and Treasury Allowance will be allowed to all Treasurers in big offices if more than one Treasurer is working in those offices.
Clarification: No. Already clarified in para 2(vi) of the of the aforesaid mention OM dated 18.01.2019 that “not more than one official should be allowed the Cash Handling Allowance and Treasury Allowance in an office.”
Assistant. Director General (Estt.)
Phone No – 011-23096191
Related to Your Search:
- 7th Central Pay Commission (7th CPC) Cash Handling and Treasury Allowance – DoPT Order 2019
- Revision of Special Allowance and Cash Handling Allowance as a result of enhancement of Dearness Allowance w.e.f. 1.1.2014
- Retention of excess cash balance in Post offices: Instructions by Department of Posts
- Reckoning of Additional Post allowance (APA) for DA/HRA under 7th CPC
- List of Pension Sanctioning Authority and its corresponding Disbursing Agency
- Cadre Restructuring of Group ‘C’ employees in Department of Posts Clarification
- Recommendation of GDS Committee on rationalisation of working hours of Branch Post Offices
- GRANT OF SPECIAL ALLOWANCE RS.1000 TO STAFF OF CASH AND PAY DEPARTMENT
- House Building Advance Rules – DOP