53rd anniversary of ‘Glorious Strike’ of the Central Government Employees
The Secretary General Shri.M.Krishnan recalled the ‘Glorious Strike’ of the Central Government Employees which started on 11th July 1960 and continued for 5 days on the basic demands of the workers…
The full text of the article is reproduced and given below for your information…
53RD ANNIVERSARY OF 1960 STRIKE
Today, is the 53rd anniversary of the Glorious Strike of the Central Government Employees which started on 11th July 1960 and continued for 5 days on the basic demands of the workers. That was their biggest strike in independent India till then, which shook the edifice of the Government.
It was suppressed by all repressive measures putting thousands in jail, dismissal, termination etc. But the workers never surrendered. The mighty one day Token Strike on 19th September 1968 reminded the Government that the workers can never be suppressed all the times.
On this day our Revolutionary salutes to all those comrades who sacrificed their lives at the altar of struggle and also who faced inhuman suppression and also the lakhs of workers who participated. Red Salute to all those who showed through their action that the united struggle is the right path.
Confederation Of Central Government Employees & Workers
Source : www.confederationhq.blogspot.in
Related to Your Search:
- Confederation News – Strike notice served to the Cabinet Secretary on 21.1.2014
- Central Government Employees Strike – Confederation congratulates to all Central Government Employees for participating in two days strike
- DA Merger, 7th CPC & other issues Confederation’s two day’s Strike Call on 12th & 13th February, 2014
- Bank strike on 7th January 2015
- 51st anniversary of the historic strike conducted by Central Government Employees – Confederation
- NJCA Decides to Observe “All India Demands Day” on 19.9.2018
- Confederation One Day Strike on 15.11.2018 Postponed
- Historic Strike of Central Government Employees will begin within a few hours : Confederation
- All India Strike 2013 Latest News:Income Tax Employees all over the country will be going 2 days strike