4% DA hike to Central Government employees is confirmed as from 1 January 2020
The Consumer Price Index for Industrial Workers, according to a press release issued by the Labor Bureau, increased by 2 points and pegged at 330
Now there is an average of 12 months of AICPIN available for calculating the DA from January 2020.
As per the approved Dearness Allowance rate calculation formula, the DA will be increased by 4 per cent from January 1st, 2020.
For impact from 1.1.2020, the DA rate will increase from the current 17 per cent to 21 per cent. For this DA hike the Central Government must grant its approval. In the second week of March 2020, the Union cabinet must approve the plan to increase DA from 1 January 2020
The Ministry of Finance will subsequently issue an order for payment DA to central government employees and DR to pensioners with effect from 1.1.2020
It appears that AICPIN does not have anything to do with the January 2020 rate DA. But it will provide momentum to the July 2020 Expected DA to reach a level that will affect DA indexed Allowances.
Related to Your Search:
- AICPIN table for the month of August 2019 – Press Release
- Expected DA: Cabinet may approve 10% DA hike in September 2013
- Expected Dearness Allowance from January 2015
- Expected Dearness Allowance 5% DA hike from July 2019 as per 7th Pay Commission for all Central Government Employees
- Expected DA January 2020 – Dearness Allowance calculation’s 3rd stage is over!
- Expected DA Calculation – Fitment Factor of 7th CPC
- Central Government likely to approve 7% additional DA
- AICPIN for the month of May 2017 – Expected DA Almost Final!
- 7th Pay Commission – Union Cabinet Approved 4 Percent DA hike from Jan 01,2020 for central government employees