Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Benefits for Economically Weaker Sections
In pursuance of insertion of clauses 15(6) and 16(6) in the Constitution, vide the Constitution (One Hundred and Third Amendment) Act, 2019 and in order to enable the EWSs, who are not covered under the existing scheme of reservations for the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes and the Socially and Educationally Backward Classes,Department of Personnel and Training has notified that 10% reservation would be provided for EWSs in Central Government posts and services in direct recruitment vacancies to be notified on or after 01.02.2019.
This information was provided by the Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) Development of North-Eastern Region (DoNER), MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, DrJitendra Singh in written reply to a question in RajyaSabha today.
Related to Your Search:
- DoPT: Reservation for Economically Weaker Sections (EWSs) in civil posts and services in the Government of India
- EWS – Reservation Persons with Benchmark Disabilities and Economically Weaker Sections who are serving employees – General Departmental Competitive Examination
- Central Government Departments / Ministries – Reservation Policy
- Reservation for SCs and STs in Allotment of Shops/Stalls at Railway Stations
- Backlog reserved vacancies for SCs, STs and OBCs with ten Ministries and Departments
- RESERVATION TO ECONOMICALLY BACKWARD CLASSES
- EWS – Bank loans to Economically Weaker Section under various Schemes
- Promotional penalties for violation of reservation
- Reservation in promotion to the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes