Yoga Day 21.6.2015 (Sunday) : No Compulsory Attendance for Central Government Employees
Celebration of International Yoga Day on 21st June, 2015 : Last year, on October 2, which is a national holiday, all the Central Government employees were made to come to work in order to participate in the Swachh Bharat campaign, launched by Modi.
But this time, invitation issued for only higher officials to participate in the function of Mass Yoga Demonstration at New Delhi on 21.6.2015 (Sunday).
Minister for AYUSH Shripad Naik said that there were some opposition by some bodies or individuals on two issues – ‘surya namaskar’ and pronouncing ‘Om’ during the beginning of the event.
We have not made it compulsory. Those who want to say om can do it. Those who do not want to, if they want to take the name of their own god, they can take that. There is no compulsion,”.
Related to Your Search:
- Ayush ministry may request centre to declare International Yoga Day a public holiday
- Compulsory Yoga/Games in high school level
- KVS Orders – Yoga teaching in Kendriya Vidyalayas
- Ayurveda Doctors and Yoga Teachers for Rural Areas
- Early closure of offices on 20th June, 2015 (Saturday) at 13:00 Hrs. in connection with ‘Mass Yoga Demonstration’
- No public holiday on International Yoga Day; yoga voluntary for govt employees
- Minister for Science & Technology Launches Mobile App Celebrating Yoga to connect people through Yoga for scientific healthy living
- Railways to celebrate International Day of Yoga on 21st June, 2015
- Highlights of PM Modi address at International Yoga Day celebration in Chandigarh