‘Benefits to paramilitary forces at par with army’ issue raised in Parliament :
whether Government has any proposal to extend same benefits to paramilitary forces at par with army?
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF HOME AFFAIRS
UNSTARRED QUESTION NO-710
Benefits to paramilitary forces at par with army
710 . Shri A. Vijayakumar
(a) whether Government has any proposal to extend same benefits to paramilitary forces at par with army;
(b) if so, the details thereof;
(c) whether there is any such pending demand by paramilitary forces; and
(d) if so, the details thereof?
MINISTER OF STATE IN THE MINISTRY OF HOME AFFAIRS
(SHRI KIREN RIJIJU)
(a) to (d): The proposals from Central Armed Police Force for grant of benefits at par with Army include, inter-alia, Risk & Hardship Allowance, Para Military Service Pay, Discontinuation of New Pension Scheme etc. The CAPF personnel are entitled for pension and other pensionary benefits as per Central Civil Service (Pension) Rules 1972, which are different from the pension rules applicable to Ex-servicemen. The 7th CPC has not recommended grant of Para Military Service Pay to the CAPFs. The 7th CPC has recommended a common regime of Risk and Hardship Allowance for Army and CAPFs which is under consideration of the Committee on Allowances.
Related to Your Search:
- Para Military Service Pay to Central Armed Police Force at par with Army has been referred to the 7th Pay Commission
- Granting of Para Military Service Pay (PMSP) to Central Armed Police Force personnel at par with Army personnel
- Paramilitary Allowance/Special Pay to the Central Armed Police Force (CAPF)
- Grant of Risk/Hardship based allowances to CAPFs personnel
- Central paramilitary forces have demanded One Rank One Pension (OROP)
- 7th CPC Recommendations on Risk and Hardship Matrix
- Granting of Risk / Hardship Allowance to CAPF and CRPF
- Para Military Service pay only under consideration not OROP
- Making para military forces as organised services