Requirement of producing two pensioners drawing pension from same PDA to identify the pensioner – Circular 205
O/o THE PR. CONTROLLER OF DEFENCE ACCOUNTS (PENSIONS)
DRAUPADI GHAT, ALLAHABAD – 211014
The Chief Accountant, RBI Deptt. of Govt. Bank Accounts, Central office C-7, Second Floor, Bandre- Kurla Complex, P B No. 8143, Bandre East Mumbai-400051
The Director of Treasuries of all state ……
The Manger CPPC of Public Sector Banks including IDBI
The CDA (PD) Meerut..
The Nodal Officers (ICICl/ AXIS/HDFC Bank)….
The Pay & Accounts Officers……
Military and Air Attache, Indian Embassy Kathmandu, Nepal.
The Post Master…………….
Sub: Waiver of requirement of producing two pensioners drawing pension from same PDA to identify the pensioner.
During various Defence Pension Adalats, representations are being received against the requirement of producing two pensioners drawing pension from same PDA to identify pensioner.
The issue has been examined and it is noticed that various checks to be observed by the Pension Disbursing Authorities (PDAs) before making payment for first time on new Pension Payment Orders (PPOs)/transferred PPOs are provided in para 584 of DPPI-2005 & 2013. Similarly, these checks were circulated to the PDAs as Annexure-A to important Circular No.113 dt 27/05/2005. Item No. 7 and No. 15 of DPPI and Annexure-A to above mentioned circular respectively states that two defence pensioners should identify a new pensioners (except officer).
Now a days, requirement of producing two pensioners drawing pension from same PDA to identify the pensioner which is applicable to the pensioners below officer ranks does not seem correct, as PDAs are required to identify the pensioner based on marks of identification furnished in Descriptive Rolls/Descriptive Particulars and photographs provided to them.
Accordingly PDAs are requested to refer this office circular No. 197 dt 10/01/2018, and follow the guidelines issued there under for identification by additional documents produced by defence pensioners in absence of Aadhaar Number as indicated in Notification No. S.0 747(E) dt 03/03/2017 issued by Ministry of Defence, Deptt. of ESW rather than insisting the pensioner to produce two pensioners drawing pension from same PDA to identify him/her.
Related to Your Search:
- Pensions: Non receipt of e-PPOs
- Incorrect/Wrong practice being followed by banks in payment of Defence Pension on e-PPOs
- Simplification of pension payment procedure- Submission of certificates by retiring Armed Forces Personnel along with pension papers
- PCDA Circular 190 – Non transfer of Pension files from banks to other PDAs
- Transfer of pension account from one Pension Disbursing Authority (PDA) to another PDA
- 7th Central Pay Commission in respect of the Post-01.01.2016 retired Armed Forces Pensioners/ Family Pensioners
- ATTENTION : Pre-2006 Defence Civilian Pensioners / Family Pensioners
- Non compliance of instructions for payment of Defence Pension
- PCDA Circular No. 599 : 7th CPC – Revision of Disability / War Injury Pension for Pre 01.01.2006 Deference Forces Pensioners