VEcare : Army helpline for Veterans
Headquarters Eastern Command launched a 24×7 veteran helpline ‘VEcare 1904’ at Fort William today, which was inaugurated by Gen Shankar Roy Chowdhury (Retired), former Chief of the Army Staff, amidst a large number of serving and retired soldiers. Lt Gen Praveen Bakshi, GOC-in-C Eastern Command, said the facility was in continuation of the Chief of the Army Staff’s focus on ‘Welfare of Ex-servicemen and Veer Naris’. Post launch of Directorate of Indian Army Veterans in January this year at New Delhi, the VEcare service is a new initiative for veterans and serving personnel of all three services. It would be particularly of immense help to individuals in distress and requiring immediate medical help. The facility will soon be extended to other stations of Eastern Command.
VEcare service can be availed from landline or mobile by simply dialing 1904. To a registered mobile user, it will provide automated voice guidance for medical emergency assistance including immediate dispatch of an ambulance, queries related to medical facilities and appointments at ECHS/ Command Hospital, CSD related value addition services and facilitate connectivity to Army telephone numbers. The Army Commander further stated that, an endeavour was underway to populate the data of all the veterans whereafter the software driven initiative would be fully exploited. The helpline facility is being seen as a major initiative towards veterans’ welfare.
Col Rohan Anand, SM
Related to Your Search:
- Command Hospital (Eastern Command), Kolkata gets Raksha Mantri’s Trophy for Best Service Hospital
- Ex-Servicemen Welfare – ECHS – Grievance Redressal Mechanism
- CHANGE IN SYSTEM OF REFERRAL : NO REFERRAL TO BE IN THE NAME OF ANY PRIVATE EMPANELLED MEDICAL FACILITY
- GRANT OF ECHS FACILITIES TO WORLD WAR II VETERANS ECOS, SSCOS AND PRE-MATURE RETIREES
- Retired paramilitary veterans to protest in Delhi tomorrow
- 7th pay commission ready to be implemented but Armymen, veterans not enthused
- Grant of 10 Days Casual Leave to the Industrial and Non-Industrial Employees of all Army DTES at par with other Employees of MOD
- Printing of All India Helpline Number 138 and Security Helpline No.182 on the Ticket
- Important Message for Pensioners : SANKALP Opportunity to Register for Voluntary Work