RBE No. 68/2017
Government of India
Ministry of Railways
No. E(W)2016/PS- 5-1/10
New Delhi, dated 12.07.2017
The General Managers (Commercial & Personnel)
All Zonal Railways Railways &
Sub:- Validation of Duty/Privilege/Post Retirement Complimentary Passes (PRCP) in Hamsafar Express trains, Gatimaan Express trains and all other Special trains including Suvidha Express, Special Trains on special charges, etc.
On a demand raised in PREM Group Meeting, a proposal for standardization of travel entitlement on Passes has been under consideration.
2. After due deliberations, Board have decided to allow booking of berths/seats by serving/retired Railway Servants on Duty/Privilege/Post Retirement Complimentary Passes, as follows:-
(i) The accommodation in Hamsafar Express trains for Duty/Privilege/PRCP shall be earmarked as at par with that being earmarked in Rajdhani/Duronto Express trains.
(ii) In Gatimaan Express train, the accommodation for Duty/Privilege/PRCP shall be earmarked as at par with that being earmarked in Shatabdi Express trains.
(iii) In all other special trains including Suvidha Express, Special Trains on special charges, etc., the accommodation shall be earmarked on the lines of Rajdhani/Duronto/Shatabdi Express trains depending upon the type of coaches being attached in that train to the extent of 1AC-4, EC4, 2A-6, 3A-16, CC-4, SL-20 and 2S-20.
2. Booking of tickets in above categories of trains will be allowed on the basis of extant stamping on passes for travel by Rajdhani/Shatabdi/Duronto Express trains with a minor modification that now the word “Rajdhani/Shatabdi/Duronto Express type trains” shall be stamped. No additional stamping containing the name of any other train is to be made on the passes. The Pass Issuing Authorities should ensure that stamping on the passes is strictly in compliance with the Pass Rules and duly authenticated.
3. This information may be brought to the notice of all concerned.
4. CRIS will make necessary modifications in the software immediately under intimation to Board and all Zonal Railways.
5. This issues with the concurrence of the Finance and Commercial Directorates of the Ministry of Railways.
6. Receipt of the letter may be acknowledged.
Director (Passenger Marketing)
Director Establishment (Welfare)
Source Link: www.indianrailways.gov.in
Related to Your Search:
- Validity of Duty/Privilege/Post Retirement Complimentary Passes (PRCP) in Duronto Express trains.
- Provision of seats for TTEs/Conductors
- Clarification regarding admissibility of flexi-fare in Shatabdi/Rajdhani/Duronto trains while availing LTC
- Wi fi internet connectivity in superfast trains
- Flexi fare in Premium Trains
- Issue of First Class ‘A’ Special Duty Cheque Pass to Railway Servants called for special felicitation/reward/award
- Enhancement of Combined Reservation Quota of lower berths for Senior Citizens and Female Passengers
- Display of TTE/Conductor name and mobile numbers in the Trains
- Applicability of Goods and Service Tax (GST) on Catering Services