Two Critical Point highlighted to Empowered Committee by Dorai on 7th CPC
In addition to the various genuine demands raised by the various Central Government Employees Federations/Associations with the Empowered Committee of Secretaries, I would like them to bring these 2 important crucial issues before the Empowered Committee of Secretaries for implementation:
1. RETENTION OF 3% INCREMENT IN VII CPC RECOMMENDATIONS IN CASE OF PROMOTION LEADS TO LOWER FINANCIAL BENEFITS BY FEW THOUSANDS THAN THE EXISTING BENEFITS UNDER 6TH CPC RECOMMENDATIONS:
The financial benefit would be much lower than what a government servant would be getting under VI CPC recommendation on promotion, because the existing benefit on promotion carry change in grade pay apart from 3% increase in Pay+Grade Pay. The following illustration shall show the huge difference:
Suppose an employee whose Pay is Rs.10400/- and the Grade pay is Rs. 2800/- totalling to Rs.13200(in the Pay band of 5200-20200), gets his next promotion to the Grade Pay of Rs.4200/- he will be entitled to the following hike in total remuneration under the existing VI CPC recommendation as a result of promotion:
Rs.13200 x 3% increment =Rs.400
Difference in Grade Pay from Rs.2800 to Rs.4200= Rs.1400
Total increase of increment in basic pay and Grade Pay= Rs.1800
D.A. at 125% as on 1/1/2016 on Rs.1800 = Rs.2250
HRA at 30%(assuming X city) on Rs.1800 =Rs.540
Total monetary benefit = Rs.4590/-
Whereas the net monetary benefit under VII CPC recommendation, as a result of promotion in the above case will be much lower than the above illustration as shown under:
Equivalent Basic Pay for Rs.13200 come to Rs.33900 as per pay matrix
Rs.33900 x 3% increment =Rs.1017(placed at Rs.35,400 as per pay matrix in the next level)
Total difference Rs.35400 – Rs33900 =1500
D.A. at 0% as on 1/1/2016 on Rs.1500= 0
HRA at 24%(assuming X city) on Rs.1500 =Rs.360
Total monetary benefit = Rs.1860/-only as against the existing Rs.4590/- leading to shortage of Rs. 2730/-
This is a big blunder committed by the VII Pay commission.
Therefore the increment on promotion should be atleast 5 to 6% to bring the benefit of increment on promotion to the existing level.
Whether increase of percentage for annual increment is considered or not, but increment of percentage for promotions definitely need to be implemented to bring the level of monetary benefit to the existing level.
2. NON RECOMMENDATION OF VII CPC REGARDING MERGER OF 50% OF D.A. WITH BASIC PAY WHEN D.A. CROSSES 50% IS A GREAT DISAPPOINTMENT:
The long standing demand of the central government employees for merger of 50% D.A with basic was not implemented by the government on the excuse that the VI CPC had not made such a proposal. Even the VII CPC is totally silent about this aspect. It appears no one has demanded the same before the VII CPC for consideration.
It is quite surprising that such a vital issue of non-recommendation of merger of D.A with basic pay when D.A crosses 50% is not being opposed by any central government associations or pointed out by the media. Had it been recommended by the VII CPC, the government shall definitely implement the same and the benefit of hike in salary as a result of merger of D.A with basic when it cross 50%, would be so vast that no government servant would crave for timely setting up of next VIII Central Pay commission.
Related to Your Search:
- Estimation of Basic Pay and DA after 50% DA Merger
- 7th Pay Commission did injustice to 98% of Central Government Employees
- Will 7th Pay Commission recommend the Revised Pay Scale without Grade Pay?
- 7th CPC Pay Matrix Anomalies – Pay of officials drawing different Grade Pay (Higher and lower) are fixed at the same stage in revised pay
- Flaws in Pay Matrix of 7th CPC: Less benefit on grant of Promotional Pay Scale i.r.o. Next Pay Scale
- 7th CPC Pay Fixation: Confederation seeks Clarification for Post 2016 Promotee/MACP and One time relaxation in excercise option for retrospectively Promotion/Upgradation
- 7th Pay Commission: How it will change your exact salary-know simply
- 3rd Pay Revision CPSE: Increment, Bunching of Pay, Dearness Allowance in Revised Pay Structure
- REGULAR PROMOTION – MACP UPGRADATION – PAY FIXATION