Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Implementation of RTI Act
04 MAR 2020
The Central Government is fully committed to implement the Right to Information (RTI) Act in respect of public authorities under it. Each State Government is responsible for implementation of the Right to Information Act in respect of the public authorities in the State concerned.
In respect of the Central Information Commissions, the appointment process has been conducted duly as and when vacancies were required to be filled up and has not been at preliminary stage.
Also check: DoPT – Notification regarding RTI Rules 2019
The Hon’ble Supreme Court vide its Order dated 16.12.2019 in M.A. No. 1979 of 2019 in WP (C) No. 436 of 2018: Ms Anjali Bhardwaj & Others Vs. Union of India and Others pertaining to fill up the vacancies in Central Information Commissions, has inter-alia directed that the Government complete the process of appointment in 3 months.
The process has reached an advanced stage for appointment of the Chief Information Commissioner and one Information Commission in Central Information Commission.
This information was provided by the Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) Development of North-Eastern Region (DoNER), MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Dr Jitendra Singh in written reply to a question in Lok Sabha today.
Related to Your Search:
- Supreme Court Order – Benefit of pensioners who retired on 30th June
- Lok Sabha passes the Right to Information (Amendment) Bill, 2019
- Benefits under the MACP Scheme from 1.1.2006, as against 1.9.2008, the date provided in the MACP Scheme – Cases pending in High Courts
- DoPT withholds info on CIC selection
- Deletion of MACP grant notice from 01.01.2006 rather than 01.09.2008 – High Court Order
- Reservation to Disabled Persons
- Dopt Orders – Disclosure of personal information under the RTI Act, 2005
- Grant of MACP benefit in the promotional hierarchy – Copy of the stay order dated 08.08.2014 passed by Hon’ble Supreme Court
- Implementation of Reservation in Promotion for Employees