Ministry of Human Resource Development
Teachers of Government schools can now directly apply for National Teachers Award – Shri Prakash Javadekar
Posted On: 20 JUN 2018 4:52PM by PIB Delhi
Teachers of Government schools can now send their entries directly for National Award for Teachers. Announcing this, Union Minister for Human Resource Development Shri Prakash Javadekar said that this is a new initiative, as earlier entries were selected by the State Government. He said that Government Teachers themselves can apply for National Award for Teachers. In the new system, Government teachers/heads of schools can nominate themselves online. Three teachers will be selected from every district; likewise 6 teachers will be selected from every state. An independent jury at national level will select 50 outstanding teachers/ heads of schools for the National award for Teachers. Teachers can also upload the videos of their work done.
Shri Javadekar said National jury will select the best teachers for the National Award on the basis of their innovations and revolutionary changes in education system and style of teachings. The purpose of National Award to the Teachers is to celebrate the unique contribution of some of the finest teachers in the country and to honor those teachers, who through their commitment have not only improved the quality of school education but also enriched the lives of their students.
All teachers working in Government and Government aided schools of States/ UTs, Central Govt. Schools i.e. Kendriya Vidyalayas (KVs), Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas (JNVs), Central Schools for Tibetans (CTSA), Sainik Schools run by Ministry of Defence (MoD), Schools run by Atomic Energy Education Society (AEES) and schools affiliated to C.B.S.E. and C.I.S.C.E. are eligible to apply for National Award for Teachers.
Related to Your Search:
- KVS – National Award to Teachers-Initiation of Selection process
- Kendriya Vidyalayas – Details of KV’s – Minister answered in Parliament
- 20% teachers posts vacant in higher educational institutions
- Human Resource Development will rank its over 1,000 Kendriya Vidyalayas (KV)
- KVS Orders – Yoga teaching in Kendriya Vidyalayas
- Seventh Pay Review Commission for implementing the recommendations in Education Institutes submits its report to HRD Ministry
- 10,000 vacancies in KVs to be filled up this year: Govt
- JIGYASA – Student Scientist connect programme launched
- Whether the Government proposes to construct new Kendriya Vidyalayas KV schools at Jharkhand