Pension – The Tamil Nadu Pension Rules, 1978 – Amendment to rule 36 – Orders – Issued.
From the Commissioner of Archives and Historical Research D.O.Letter No.5557/A2/11, Dated 03.02.2015
In the letter read above, the Commissioner of Archives and Historical Research has stated that the existing provision of Rule 36 of Tamil Nadu Pension Rules, 1978 is misused frequently to perpetuate Government jobs within the families of existing Government servants and requested to make reference to Medical Board mandatory for all cases of retirement by Medical invalidation.
2.Based on the above, the Government after careful examination have decided to amend the Tamil Nadu Pension Rules, 1978. Accordingly, the following Notification will be published in the Tamil Nadu Government Gazette:-
In exercise of the powers conferred by the proviso to Article 309 of the Constitution of India, the Governor of Tamil Nadu hereby makes the following amendments to the Tamil Nadu Pension Rules, 1978.
In the said Rules, in rule 36, in sub-rule (1), under the heading “Explanation” in clause (a), –
(1) for item (i), the following item shall be substituted, namely:-
“(i) A Medical Board in the case of all Medical invalidation cases, whether they are self drawing Officers or non-self drawing Officers.”;
(2) in item (ii),-
(a) sub-item (a) shall be omitted;
(b) in sub-item (c), for the expression “Medical Officer” occurring in two places, the expression “Medical Board” shall be substituted.
Related to Your Search:
- Rule 10 CCS(RP) Rules, 2008 – revised pay scale and one increment may be granted on 01.01.2006, and the next increment on 01.07.2006
- Grant of pay fixation under Rule S-13 to the erstwhile Group ‘D’ staff promoted to same Grade pay of Rs.1800/0 (PB-1) – NFIR’s PNM Item No.32/2015.
- Applicability of Rule 31 of Railway Service Pension Rules 1993 for counting service period paid from contingencies for calculation of pension, gratuity on retirement.
- Amendment to Appendix V of the Indian Railway Establishment Code Vol. I, 1985 Edition (Study Leave Rules)
- After 7th CPC, the limits on two family pension payable to a child in support of both parents is revised
- Option to receive payments in the event of the Subscriber’s death, invalidation, or disability while in service – Rule 10 of the CCS NPS Rules 2021
- Amendment in Pension Rules : Central Civil Services (pension) Second Amendment Rules, 2012
- Revision of Over Time Allowance to Railway Employees consequent upon revision of pay scales and allowances
- Grant of promotional increment under rule 13 of RS(RP) Rules, 2008 to those promoted to identical Pay Band /Grade Pay shouldering higher responsibilities