TA/DA and Honorarium payable to Official and Non-official Members/experts
UNIVERSITY GRANTS COMMISSION
BAHADUR SHAH ZAFAR MARG
NEW DELHI – 110 002
16th March, 2016
TA/DA AND HONORARIUM PAYABLE TO OFFICIAL AND NON-OFFICIAL MEMBERS/EXPERTS
In supersession of UGC OM. No.21-1/20l5 (FD-l/B) dated 29th July, 2015, the Rules for TA/DA and Honorarium payable to the official and non-official members and experts will be as under:-
The categories. of Official and Non-Official Members are as follows:-
Serving (State/Central) Government servants, Semi Government/ Autonomous Bodies, Employees paid from the Consolidated Fund of indie or through Grants~in-aid are treated as Official Members.
All others including retired Government Servants and retired/ex-member of the University Grants Commission or Statutory Bodies viz. Universities, Institutions, Councils, Boards and Societies etc. are to be treated as Non-Official Members.
“Permanent Account Number (PAN) allotted by the Income Tax Authorities has to be indicated by the member/expert invariably while filling up the Bill”. Payment of TA/DA will be made through E-mode in the bank accounts of members mandatorily. Hence, Experts are required to attach a copy of a cancelled cheque leaf with their claims.
1. Rs.3,000/- per day for per meeting subject to maximum of Rs.5,000/- per day irrespective of number of meeting in a day.
2. Rs.5,000/- per day for inspection/visit of various committees to institutions/ Universities /organizations. Commission members would also be entitled for honorarium @ Rs.5,000/- per day on the date of Commission Meetings.
Note: Officials of Govt. of India who are nominated as Govt. representatives would not be entitled for honorarium as they attend the meeting in their official capacity as Govt. nominee/nominee of Secretary or on ex-officio basis.
(i) Travel by Air: The members (officials as well as non-official) will be entitled to travel by air as per entitlement in service or before retirement as the case may be. Non-entitled members will be entitled for journey by air, on specific prior approval of Chairman, UGC. The journey by Air is to be performed by Air India on the sectors where it ply. On other sectors, journey by private airlines will be allowed. Any deviation would require prior approval of competent authority. The members/experts entitled to travel by air may travel by helicopter in case place is not connected by air. However, hiring of charter helicopter, will not be permissible. The claim for air/helicopter journey is to be supported by original boarding cards.
(a) Train/Air tickets will be arranged by (the UGC, Travel Desk for UGC Meetings, if TA/DA is to be paid by the UGC.
(b) The cancellation charges shall also be reimbursable in case of cancellation or postponement of meeting by the UGC [For Sl. No. 2. (i) & (ii)]. The specific approval for the same would be” required for claiming such amount.
If the distance is more than 350 kms (each side), either the road mileage will be restricted to 350 kms or to the fare of train as per train entitlement AC bus as available on that particular route (as per the option of member.)
[For Sl. No. 2. & (iv)]
Local Experts will be reimbursed taxi charges @ Rs.14/- per km. and for AC Taxi @ Rs.16/- per km. from residence/office, as per entitlement, to the place of meeting & back on point to point basis. Taxi for full day will not be allowed for reimbursement.
(i) Outstation Members/Experts:
Following rates of Boarding & Lodging etc. as applicable to the Central Govt. Employee will be applicable to the Experts:-
|S.No.||Classification||Rate per day of Boarding
|Rate per day of Lodging*
|1.||Experts working/retired in GP. or AGP of Rs.10,000/- and above and also those in pay scale of HAG + and above||750/-||7,500/-|
|2.||Experts in GP or AGP of Rs..7600/- and above but less than Rs.10,000/-||450/-||4,500/-|
|3.||Experts in GP or AGP of Rs.5400/- but less than Rs.7600/-||300/-||2,250|
|4.||Experts in GP or AGP less than Rs.5400/-||225/-||750/-|
*1. Lodging charges are admissible subject to actual on production of receipt.
2. Boarding charges will be reimbursed on production of receipt/self certification.
(ii) Local Members/Experts:
No DA, is payable to Local Members/Experts.
4. UGC Officers/Officials will be covered under FR/SRs (TA) Rules.
5. This issues with the approval of CM Dy. No.51194 dated 9.3.2016.
(Dr. Jitendra Tripathi)
Joint Secretary (Finance)
Related to Your Search:
- TA DA and Honorarium Payable to Official and Non-Official Members/Experts: UGC
- TA AND SITTING FEE – PAYABLE TO OFFICIAL AND NON – OFFICIAL MEMBERS / EXPERTS
- Revised admissibility to travel by Taxi / reimbursement of Taxi hire charges for using one’s own car for local official journeys at or near Headquarters
- Travel by Premium Trains on Official Duty/Tour/Training/Transfer etc.- Clarification from Finmin
- Travel by Premium Trains on LTC, Official Duty, Tour, Training, Transfer – Clarification orders issued by PCAFYS
- TA/DA entitlements of Non-officials of Committees/Boards/Panels etc
- Government’s Travel Allowances for the MPs
- 7th CPC : Travel entitlements of Government employees for the purpose of LTC
- Grant of TA to Non-official members attending the SCOVA meetings Permission to perform AIR Journey for journey above 1000 kms.