Submission of Fake Caste Certificates
Information about appointments secured on the basis of fake/false caste certificates is not centrally maintained.
However, the Central Government had undertaken a one-time exercise to collect information about appointments secured on the basis of fake/false caste certificates in the year 2010. As per information received from various Ministries/Departments etc. 1832 appointments were allegedly secured on the basis of fake/false caste certificates. Disciplinary proceedings had been instituted in all the cases. It was reported that out of the above 1832 cases, 276 had resulted in suspension/removal etc, whereas 521 cases were entangled into litigations and in remaining 1035 cases disciplinary proceedings were pending.
The Government instructions provide that an appointing authority should verify the caste status of SC/ST/OBC candidates at the time of initial appointment as well as at the time of promotion.
Chief Secretaries of States/Union Territories have been requested to issue instructions to the District Magistrates/ District Collectors/ Deputy Commissioners of the Districts to the effect that when asked to verify the veracity etc. of caste certificates, they should ensure at their own level that veracity of the caste/community certificate referred to the district authorities is verified and reported to the appointing authority within one month of receipt of request from such authority. In order to rule out collusion between candidates holding false/forged certificate and employees at the district level or sub-district level, disciplinary proceedings may be initiated against officers who default in timely verification of caste status in such cases or issue false certificates.
This was stated by the Minister of State for Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions and Minister of State in the Prime Minister’s Office Dr. Jitendra Singh in a written reply to a question by Shri Rattan Lal Kataria in the Lok Sabha today.
Source: PIB News
Related to Your Search:
- Disciplinary proceedings against appointment on Fake Caste Certificates
- Compilation of information about appointments made on the basis of fake/ false caste certificates and follow up action taken thereon
- Submission of fake caste certificates
- Action against Government servants who get appointment on the basis of false SC/ST/OBC certificates
- Compilation of information about appointments made on the basis of fake/false caste certificates and follow up action taken thereon
- Reiteration of the instruction on streamlining the procedure for verification of claims of candidates belonging to SC/ST and OBC for purpose of appointment to posts/services
- Department of Posts – Provisional engagement of BPM / ABPM / Dak Sevak subject to pending verification of Character and antecedents / caste certificate / educational qualification etc
- List of Authorities empowered to issue caste/community certificates – Dopt Order issued on 3.9.2015
- Frequent asked questions (FAQs) on the issue of residence/domicile and caste/tribe certificates