Steps for improvement in Railway Schools
Government of India
Ministry of Railways
New Delhi, dated: 12.08.2013
The General Manager(P),
All Indian Railways &
CLW & DLW
Sub: Steps for improvement in Railway Schools.
Indian Railways is running around 200 railway schools at present. These schools are catering to the educational needs of wards of railway performing duties at remote locations. However, it is observed for the past few years that there has been a gradual decline in the strength of railway wards in railway schools due to poor patronage of these schools. Due attention in maintenance and running of schools is also not being given. The poor performance of these schools may be attributed to poor management/negligence such as shortage of teachers, absence of basic facilities like toilets, library, laboratories etc.
ln order to improve the performance and thereby increase credibility and popularity of Railway schools and to make them more competitive with other private schools, Rairway Board has decided the following:-
(1) Railway schools should, be under the administrative control of CPOs. senior Dpos and SPos must inspect the schools regularly. on the Divisions, Annual Inspection of DRM must also include an inspection of at least one school by rotation.
(2) Where schools are upto class 10th and above, they should be affiliated with schools for all classes.
(3)Steps should be taken for periodic training of school teachers/Head Masters/principals through NCERT/SCERT etc.
Railways are advised to take appropriate steps to implement above initiatives and compliance of the same be reflected in the MCDO.
Related to Your Search:
- Minimum qualifications for recruitment / promotion of teachers for classes I to VIII in Railway Schools – Railway Board Orders
- Centre mulls linking teachers promotion with students performance
- Railway school teachers working hours and holidays vacations
- 7th CPC Pay Scale for railway teaching staff PGT, TGT, PST Railway Schools
- Railway Board Orders – Fixing uniform number of vacations / holidays for Railway school teachers
- Teachers of Government schools can now directly apply for National Teachers Award – Shri Prakash Javadekar
- Benefit of MACP Scheme to Railway School Teachers – AIRF
- Railway Board referred Running, Additional and Breakdown allowances to 7th Pay Commission for consideration…
- Reckoning of pay element for fixation of pay of running staff in stationary posts in Group B