Stents under CGHS
CGHS does not procure and provide any stents to its beneficiaries directly and reimburses the cost of procedures at rates prescribed by CGHS to empanelled hospitals. The stents and other products, if any, are supplied by hospital concerned to the patient. Further, no complaint about inferior quality stents having been provided has been received from any CGHS beneficiary.
National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority (NPPA) has informed the views expressed by some stakeholders during consultations with NPPA that stents supplied to CGHS stream are very basic. The Ministry is vigilant about all the services being provided to CGHS beneficiaries including stents.
The Minister of State (Health and Family Welfare), ShFaggan Singh Kulaste stated this in a written reply in the Lok Sabha here today.
Related to Your Search:
- Revision of CGHS Rates for various Coronary Stents / Angioplasty
- Simplification of the Procedure in CGHS
- CGHS: SMS facility for Indented Medicines to CGHS Beneficiaries
- Issuing of CGHS plastic cards to CGHS beneficiaries
- Charges for eye operations under CGHS
- Central Government Health Scheme stent aid slashed, heart patients unhappy
- CGHS: Reimbursement of cost of Neuro-implants for CGHS/CS(MA) beneficiaries
- Availing of Benefits of CGHS Wellness Centres
- CGHS – Post-operative Follow-up treatment from Hospitals empanelled under CGHS in respect of critically ill CGHS beneficiaries