Staff Welfare Fund Contribution to be Increased and Railway University to be set up for Railway Employees
Press Information Bureau
Government of India
Ministry of Railways
08-July-2014 13:36 IST
Staff Welfare Fund Contribution to be Increased
Railway University to be set up for Railway Employees
The Minister of Railways Shri D. V. Sadananda Gowda has announced several measures for welfare and skill development of railway staff. Presenting the Railway Budget 2014-15 in Parliament today, the Minister said, these measures include:
i) Increase in contribution towards Staff Benefit Fund from Rs. 500 per capita to Rs.800 per capita.
ii) A special scheme for the meritorious wards of Railway persons for their outstanding performance in academics and sports for such children.
iii) The Hospital Management Information system will be used to integrate all health units, Divisional hospitals and Central Hospitals as well as our empanelled hospitals and
iv) To examine feasibility of providing air-conditioning in loco cabins;
He said, Railways is also contemplating on setting up of a Railway University for both technical and non-technical subjects.
He said, Indian Railways will tie up with technical institutions for introducing railway oriented subject for graduation and skill development. In the meantime, staff at the ground level will be sent for short duration courses of technical and non-technical nature, involving locally available technical institutions. The exposure for specialized areas like high-speed, heavy haul operations, etc. will be undertaken for all level of staff and officers at appropriate institutes in India and abroad.
Related to Your Search:
- Amendment of provisions relating to Railway Staff Benefit Fund
- Revised distribution of posts for Technical Staff on Indian Railways
- Provision of GP 42001- in PB-2/Level 6 of 7th CPC to the Dressers/OT Assistants working in Railway Hospitals/Health Units
- Cabinet approves revised pay scales of teachers and equivalent academic staff in Universities/Colleges & centrally funded technical institutions
- Seventh Pay Commission Pay Matrix Table for Teachers and other Academic Staff
- Technical Specification of Desktop PCs for procurement to be made by Ministries / Departments and their agencies / PSUs
- Notification: Degrees awarded through Open and Distance Learning mode recognized for purpose of Central Govt employment
- Proposal for the Cadre review of Medical Laboratory Staff in 4 Central Government Hospitals
- Reduction in the residency period for promotion from Helper (G.P Rs.1800, Level-1, Rs.18000-56900) to Technical-III (G.P.Rs.1900, Level-2, Rs.19900-63200)