Special Trains to Clear Holi Rush
Indian Railways have made elaborate arrangements to clear extra rush of traffic for Holi festival. More than 360 trips of special trains have been planned to handle the rush during the Holi festival period. These special trains have been planned over approximately 17 different popular routes to clear extra rush of traffic.
Out of the Holi specials planned, 4 trains are unreserved, 3 are fully air-conditioned and 8 are provided with superfast status. The Holi specials are connecting important stations such as New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Jammu Tawi, Jaipur, Guwahati, Lucknow, Pune, Gorakhpur, Patna, Dibrugarh, Banaras, Darbhanga, Barauni, Barelli, Secundrabad etc. Extra coaches will also be attached to regular trains to the extent operationally feasible.
The Zonal Railways and the Divisional Railways have made action plans for the convenience of the passengers during this rush period. Checking squads are being deployed at reservation offices; inspections are being strengthened to prevent misuse of tickets etc. Special arrangements are being made to make regular announcements about additional coaches, special trains etc at stations.
(Release ID :94011)
Related to Your Search:
- Ministry of Railways approves 196 pairs of Festival Special Trains 2020 services
- Numbers of Higher Class Train Travelers Increased
- On a daily basis, Indian Railways operates a total of 1402 special train services
- Railways: Cleanliness and Maintenance of Passenger Rail Coaches
- Air Conditioned Coach developed for DEMU Train
- Zonal Railways to discontinue pasting reservation charts on train coaches for 6 months starting from 1st March, 2018
- Concession to students in special trains/Coaches booked on Full Tariff Rates.
- 6 Special Trains between Solapur-Jaipur via Sainagar Shirdi – Bookings open from 09714 from 9.3.2013
- Safety and Security of Women Passengers in Railways