No.AIRF/561 Dated: October 12, 2020
Sub: Regularization of absence during COVID-19 epidemic lockdown period
Ref.: Railway Board’s letters No.(EG) 2020/LE 2/1 dated 06.08.2020 and 03.09.2020
We are thankful to Railway Board for issuing instructions in the matter of treatment of absence during COVID-19 epidemic lockdown.
Many of the employees have had to remain away from their work, subsequent to the lockdown, whose absence is pending regularization. Many of the employees were forced to remain under quarantine due to various situations, which can be classified broadly as follows:-
(i) An employee was asked to remain in quarantine on return from outstation duty.
(ii) An employee remained in quarantine due to Central/ State Government instructions.
(iii) An employee was advised by Railway Medical Authority to remain in quarantine.
(iv) An employee who chose to remain in quarantine as a precaution.
(v) An employee who worked from home due to co-morbidity or underlying medical conditions as per Central/ State Government instructions.
(vi) An employee stayed at home as a precautionary measure and later found to be COVID-19 positive.
It is, therefore, requested that, necessary instructions for treating absence of an employee during aforementioned situations, as “Special Casual Leave”, may kindly be issued at the earliest. Orders issued for maximum 30 days “Special Casual Leave” should also be cancelled as these being granted in special circumstances of COVID-19 epidemic where lockdown had been for more than four months and all sorts of transport had not been under operation.
Shiva Gopal Mishra
Related to Your Search:
- Central Government Employees Absence during COVID – 19 epidemic lockdown period – clarification is received from DOPT
- KVS – Uniform interim procedure of Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan employees regularize of absence during COVID-19 epidemic lockdown period
- Quarantine leave provision due to pandemic situation – Re-introduction – NFIR
- Regularization of leave for the absence period of Central Government Employees during lockdown period due to COVID-19
- Treating the COVID-19 absence period as Special Casual Leave
- Regularization of officer / employee absence due to lockdown w.e.f. 25th March 2020
- Absence period on account of lockdown due to orders of GOI – Special Casual Leave in respect of Army Navy Air Force Personnel
- Absence during COVID-19 lockdown period – Clarification issued by Department of Space for their employees
- Contract staff who are staying at home for COVID-19 prevention lockdown shall be treated as ‘on duty’