7th Central Pay Grant Of Extra Work Allowance and Abolition of existing Caretaking Allowances
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
New Delhi, the 4th February, 2019
Subject: Grant Of Extra Work Allowance – Abolition of existing Caretaking Allowance, Extra Duty Allowance, Flag Station Allowance, Flight Charge Certificate Allowance, Library Allowance, Rajbhasha Allowance and Special Appointment Allowance) – decision of the Government on the recommendations of the Seventh Central Pay (7th CPC).
The undersigned is directed to invite attention to this Department’s OM No.12-3/2016-E-III(A) dated 20.7.2017 on the subject mentioned above and to State that one of the conditions laid down in 3(b) for grant of Extra Work Allowance is that “an employee shall receive this allowance for a maximum period of one year, and there should be minimum of one year before the same employee is deployed for similar duties again”.
- It has been brought to the of this Ministry that no suitable employee is available for doing caretaking work despite wide circulation of the vacancy and In view of stoppage of the allowance after one year to employee doing caretaking work, caretaking job of the buildings is likely to be affected.
- The matter has been considered and the President is pleased to decide that so far as the task of caretaking of office building is concerned, wherever any employee has drawn Extra Work Allowance in terms of this Ministry’s 0M dated 20.7.2017 for a period of one year and if no suitable employees are available for caretakiry function, then the same employee may continue to perform caretaking function and shall also be paid extra work allowance at the prescribed rates therein for a period till a suitable employee is located. This dispensation is applicable only in case of caretakirg functions and not in respect of other functions for which Separate allowances were admissible prior to 1.7.2017 as mentioned in 2 of this Ministry’s aforesaid OM dated 20.7.2017.
- These orders shall take immediate effect from the date of issue.
- Insofar as persons serving in the Indian Audit & Account’s Department concerned, these orders issues after consultation with the Comptroller Auditor General of India.
(Amar Nath Singh)
Related to Your Search:
- Extra Work Allowance : Grant uniform rate of 2% of Basic pay per month
- 7th Central Pay Commission: Grant of Extra Work Allowance (abolition of existing Flight Charge Certificate Allowance)
- 7th CPC: Grant of Extra Work Allowance (abolition of existing Library Allowance)
- 7th Pay Commission – Flag Station Allowance
- Bank Employees demands Overtime Allowance for Extra Work and Working on Holiday – BEFI
- 7th Pay Commission Recommendations Allowance related to Working on Holidays
- 7th Central Pay Commission Recommendations on Allowances Related to Working on Holidays
- Bonus orders 2015 – Ad-hoc Bonus for Rajasthan Govt Employees
- Recommendations of the Seventh Central Pay Commission – Implementation of decision relating to the grant of Children Education Allowance