Railway Sportspersons Diploma
File Ne.2020/(Sports)/ 5(4)/10/NIS
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA (BHART SARKAR)
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS (RAIL MANTRALAYA)
No. 2020/E(Sports)/ 5(4)/10/NIS
New Delhi, Date: 13.12.2020
The General Managers(P)
All Zonal Railways / Production Units,
Sub: Selection of Railway Sportspersons for Diploma Course in Sports Coaching for the Academic Session – 2020-21.
Ref. : This office letter of even no. dated 07.09.2020
ii) Board’s letter no. 2016/E(Sports)/ 4(3)/1/NIS dated 16.06.2016 (Copy Enclosed).
Every year a limited number of Sportsperson are selected by Railway Sports Promotion Board for NIS Diploma Course. The fee and other Charges for the sponsored candidates are paid by the respective Railways and the period of Diploma Course is treated as ‘on Duty‘. Further, in terms of Board’s letter No/2016/E(Sports)/4(3)1/NIS dated 16.6.2016, sportsperson who are selected by NIS but are not sponsored by the Railways, are eligible or grant of study Leave”.
2.However, it was decided vide Board’s letter of even no. dated 07.09.2020 that in view of the on-going financial position due to Covid-19 pandemic no sportsperson would be sponsored for the above course for the academic session 2920-21 but if any Railway sportsperson is selected for said course, he/she may pursue the course at his own cost and leave.
3. A number of representations were received from sportsperson, selected ‘for the NIS Diploma course in the academic year 2020-21, for reconsidering the decision regarding non sponsoring of the sportsperson for the Course. While considering the representations, it has been decided by Director General (HR)/ Railway Board that study leave may be granted to the selected candidates as per the extant rules.
(Bhaskar Roy Choudhury)
Copy to : The Presidents, All Zonal Railways/ Production Units Sports Associations for information and necessary action.
Related to Your Search:
- Recruitment of sportspersons against sports quota
- Out of Turn Promotion of sportspersons on sports account in Probation period.
- Out-of-Turn Promotions to Sports persons/coaches for excellence in field for sports – Clarification by Railway Board
- Recruitment of sportspersons against Sports Quota and out-of-turn promotion to Railway sportspersons on sports account-modification/changes in policy : RBE No. 98/2016
- Transfer of sports persons recruited against sports quota from one Railway/ Unit/ Division to another Railway/ Unit/ Division: Railway Board Order RBE No. 58/2014
- Recruitment of sportspersons against Sports Quota and out-of-turn promotion to Railway sportspersons on sports account-modification/changes in policy: Railway Board Order
- Recruitment of sportspersons on Zonal Railways/ Production Units against Sports Quota
- Relaxation in minimum education qualification norms for recruitment of Sportspersons
- Probation Period for persons recruited against Sports Quota: Railway Board Order RBE No.95/2016