Seeking Merger of DA and Oppose reduce the Retirement age – DPCC
Maken to sit on dharna
Delhi Pradesh Congress Committee president Ajay Maken along with a large number of party workers will sit on a daylong dharna tomorrow at Jantar Mantar seeking merger of Dearness Allowance (DA) with basic pay and also to oppose the move by the BJP-led Central Government to lower the retirement age of government employees.
DPCC chief spokesperson Sharmistha Mukherjee said party workers, government employees, teachers, pensioners and others will join Maken in the dharna to press their demand for merger of DA with basic pay and also to oppose the move to lower the retirement age of government employees.
Addressing a press conference, Mukherjee said the Congress would be seeking the merger of 100 per cent DA with basic pay, which is 113 per cent as on January 1, 2015. The Congress-led UPA II government was to take a decision on merger of DA with basic pay, but due to the announcement of the general elections, it had to be deferred.
Read more at The Tribune
Related to Your Search:
- 7th CPC News : Central Minister in favour of seventh pay commission
- Cong threatens action against strike participant
- Government Employees to Stage Stir on March 2 Seeking Interim Relief and Merger of DA
- Confederation strongly oppose premature retirement of Central Government Employees, completed 30 years of service and attained age of 50 – 55 years
- Centre may raise age of retirement by 2 years to 62
- Central Government workers want DA to be merged : Pay Commission could be notified over the next two months
- Central Government likely to approve 7% additional DA
- Merger of Dearness allowance: AIRF Demanding Merger of 100% Dearness Allowance with Basic Pay
- 7th Pay Commission should correct the anomaly of the previous pay panel