Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose Residential Schools and Hostels under Samagra Shiksha
Press Information Bureau
Government of India
Ministry of Education
Residential schools/ hostels funded under Samagra Shiksha named as Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose residential schools/ hostels
05 FEB 2021
In a befitting honour to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose, the Ministry of Education has decided to name residential schools/ hostels funded under Samagra Shiksha of MoE, as “Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose residential schools/hostels”. The association of these schools with Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose will act as an inspiration to the children and also motivate the teachers, staff and administration to enable them to achieve high standards of excellence. This will also help create awareness about the facility of these Residential Schools and Hostels in difficult areas and inspire these schools to achieve high standards of quality education.
The Ministry of Education under Samagra Shiksha provides financial assistance to states and UTs for opening and running of Residential Schools and Hostels in hilly terrain, small and sparsely populated areas for children who are in need of shelter and care, in addition to the provision of regular schools. The objective is to ensure universal enrolment and provide schooling facilities in areas that are sparsely populated (mostly tribal areas) where the opening of schools may not be viable and for children in urban areas who are in need of care and protection.
The residential facilities are also provided to child labour rescued, migrant children who belong to poor landless families, children without adult protection, separated from their families, internally displaced persons, and children from the areas of social and armed conflict and natural calamities. Preference is given to EBBs, LWE affected districts, SFDs and the Aspirational districts identified by NITI Aayog.
In these residential schools and hostels, in addition to the regular school curriculum, interventions for all-round development of children such as the provision of Specific Skill Training, physical self-defense, medical care, community participation, monthly stipend are also made available to children. A total of 1063 residential facilities (383 residential Schools and 680 Hostels) have been sanctioned to States and UTs so far.
Residential Schools and Hostels Approved under Samagra Shiksha (Cumulative)
|S. No||STATE NAME||Residential Schools||Hostels|
Related to Your Search:
- Whether the Government proposes to construct new Kendriya Vidyalayas KV schools at Jharkhand
- Facilities for Differently Abled Children in Schools
- Children of Government servants should study only in Government schools – Allahabad High Court
- New Sainik Schools in collaboration with NGOs, private schools, and state governments
- 7th CPC CEA: Total Claim for Academic Year 2017-18
- 1002 KVS Schools affiliated with CBSE
- Claiming Children education Allowance is made simple in 7th Pay Commission
- Menstruation Benefits to Central Government Women Employees
- Budget 2021 – 100 new Sainik Schools in partnership with NGOs/ private schools/ states – PIB News