Rule 9 Minor and Major penalties of GDS Conduct and Engagement Rules for all categories of Gramin Dak Sevaks – GDS
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg,
New Delhi – 110001
Subject : Implementation of approved recommendations of Kamlesh Chandra Committee on disciplinary aspects specified in Rule 9 (Minor and Major penalties of GDS (Conduct and Engagement) Rules for all categories of Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS).
The undersigned is directed to refer to letter No. 17-391212012 GDS dated 14th January, 2015 regarding Minor and Major penalties specified in Rule 9 of GDS (Conduct and Engagement Rules, 2011)
After taking into consideration the approved recommendation of Kamlesh Chandra Committee on disciplinary aspects (Minor and Major Penalties) of Gramin Dak Sevaks and in supersession of all previous orders regarding minor and major penalties of Gramin Dak Sevaks, the Competent Authority has approved the following substitution in the Minor and Major penalties in Rule-9 of GDS Conduct and Engagement; Rules, 2011 for all categories of Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS) :-
“9. Nature of Penalties
“The following penalties may, for good and sufficient reasons and as hereinafter provided, to be imposed by the Recruiting Authority namely :-
(ii) Debarring of a Sevak from appearing in the recruitment examination for the post of Multi Tasking Staff and /or Postman and / or Mail
Guard and/or from being considered for recruitment as Postal Assistant / Sorting Assistant for a period not exceeding three years;
(iii) Debarring of a Sevak from being considered for recruitment to Multi Tasking Staff on the basis of selection-cum-seniority for a period not exceeding three years;
(iv) Recovery from Time Related Continuity Allowance (TRCA) of the whole or part of any pecuniary loss caused to the Government by negligence or breach of orders;
(v) Withholding of annual increase in Time Related Continuity Allowance (TRCA) without cumulative effect for a period not exceeding three years;
(vi) Reduction to a lower stage in the TRCA slab for a specified period exceeding three years (not in nature of permanent measure) with further directions as to whether or not the Sevak will earn annual increase during the period of reduction and whether on expiry of such period, the reduction will or will not have the effect of postponing the future increases of his / her Time Related Continuity Allowance (TRCA).
(vii) Compulsory Discharge from engagement with monetary benefits (i.e. SDBS etc.) and GDS Gratuity proportionate to engagement period rendered by GDS, as per conditions laid down in DG Posts’ O.M. No L7-31.12016-GDS dated 27th June, 2018.
(viii) Removal from engagement which shall not be a disqualification for future engagement;
(ix) Dismissal from engagement, which shall ordinarily be a disqualification for future engagement.
Note: The Penalty of recovery under Rule 9 (iv) can be imposed fully without any restriction.”
The above instructions will come into effect from the date of issue of this O.M.
Hindi version will follow.
Assistant Director General (GDS/PCC)
Related to Your Search:
- Procedure for imposing a penalty specified in Rule 10 of GDS (Conduct and Engagement) Rules, 2011.
- GDS – Revision in Rule 4 of Gramin Dak Sevaks (Conduct and Engagement) Rules, 2020 – DoP
- GDS – Treatment of strike period in reepect of Gramin Dak Sevaks
- Revision of Schedule of Engaging Authority for BPMs and ABPMs / Dak Sevaks under Rule 31 of GDS
- GDS charge sheet under Rule 10 for imposing Minor and Major Penalties specified in Rule 9 of Garmin Dak Sevak Rules 2011
- GDS – Kamlesh Chandra Committee on ‘Schedule of Engaging Authority for BPMs and ABPMs/ Dak Sevaks under Rule 31 of GDS Rules for all categories of Gramin Dak Sevaks
- Grant of revised TRCA to the genuine substitutes of GDS from 01.07.2018 – DOP
- Revised eligibility criteria for engagement to Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS) posts
- Limited Transfer Facility for all categories of Gramin Dak Sevaks GDS Employees